Peloton is seeking a User Experience Designer to help define, in detail, how features on our engagement products (such as the Peloton web & mobile apps, the Peloton Bike, & the Peloton Tread) function, & how they are are interacted with by our users.
This role is focused on designing user experience & information for new features (from an overall product strategy & roadmap) defined by the Product Manager. The User Experience Designer must think in non-linear terms: capturing interactions, edge-cases, & the various states of these experiences through deliverables such as user flows, product maps, wireframes, storyboards, & prototypes. They should be comfortable with an agile approach to design, with an emphasis on user testing & rapid iteration.
The User Experience Designer also seeks to understand Peloton user behavior & motivation at a fundamental level, by working with UX Researchers to develop test plans & through the development of journey maps, user personas, & other artifacts.
Outside exceptional & high-velocity UX thinking & execution, success in this role is dependent on being highly self-motivated, super organized, always open to feedback & critique, & extremely collaborative.
The User Experience Designer works directly with the Product Manager, Visual UI Designers, engineers, & technical project manager on one of several Peloton Engagement teams & collaborates with the broader Product, UX, & Design team to deliver a consistent Peloton experience across all platforms.
Note: This is not a UI design role. At Peloton, the UI Designer is a separate role responsible for executing the final pixel perfect designs & look & feel of our interfaces.
Note: Along with your Resume a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Pelotons existing product UX across platforms & ensure any future iterations are executed with reverence for a cohesive experience.
- Work closely & collaboratively with the Visual UI designer & Product Manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Manage your bandwidth & project pipeline to execute UX design in time with your teams software roadmap.
- Collaboratively brainstorm & evolve feature UX with the Product Manager & wider scrum team.
- Create extremely detailed user flows, product maps, wireframes, etc. based on requirements from Product Management, & communicate UX clearly to relevant teams.
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing.
- Prototype user experiences & work with UX Researchers to develop user tests.
- Quickly iterate & offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Capture all states, edge-cases, unhappy paths & path logic for visual UI design & engineering teams to build out.
- Evaluate, test, & iterate on current core experiences.
- Work with Product Management, Engineering, & Visual UI Design to ensure executed work matches UX vision.
- 2+ Years of Software User Experience and/or Information Architecture experience at consumer-focused technology company.
- Top tier User Experience, Testing, Research & Information Architecture skills.
- Focused & dedicated to how software products function & how users move through the experience to accomplish their goals.
- Strong, proven skill in creating wireframes & other common UX design artifacts. And a deeply collaborative & iterative approach to product UX,, focused on ensuring a unified experience across products.
- Obsessive attention to detail & ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems & to consistently capture edge-cases.
- Exceptional design velocity: especially in developing wireframe & flow variations. And an ability & willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication & organization skills. And can produce clear & descriptive documentation for implementation targeted to a variety of roles & personality types: Experience working closely with engineers, product managers, & visual UI designers.
- Understands interaction design fundamentals & UI design best practices (for collaboration with the UI designer.) Understands what is possible in modern Android, iOS, & web development & of design & interaction patterns & trends within each.
- Has experience conducting & coordinating remote- & in-person user research using a variety of methodologies, & in documenting the results & findings.
- Has experience using prototyping & user testing practices to understand usability of concepts & to learn & iterate on the UX design.
- Familiarity with agile software development & lean UX processes. Bonus if you have experience design UX for native consumer-facing apps, interactive game or content experiences, or large touch screens and/or TV interfaces.
- Exists on the cutting edge of UX design & pushes our user research, testing, & design infrastructure & practices.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.