Senior Software Engineer (Python)
As Senior Software Engineer you will work on OpenSlates platform, which analyzes over a billion videos & 4M creators across YouTube, Facebook, TikTok & more. We highly value creative technical minds that can imagine solutions & bring them to reality. Were looking for experienced Python engineers who would enjoy the challenge of designing & building applications to provide insights into a highly dynamic & expansive data set.
- Designing & building scalable systems that can collect, store, retrieve & transform data coming from a variety of different sources including APIs, Postgres, Solr, & S3.
- Designing & implementing maintainable APIs that support our end-user applications.
- Selecting appropriate data storage & retrieval methods & technologies.
- Designing data-structures & optimizing queries that deal with millions of rows of data.
- Creating reusable & maintainable code, automated tests, & clear documentation.
- Optimizing your code to run in a high-performance real-time environment that generates billions of events a day.
- Supporting the software & systems you write & deploy in our production environment.
- Collaborating across engineering, product & data teams to solve technical & business issues.
- Experience building non-trivial, data-centric python applications & APIs in a Linux environment.
- Thorough understanding of common Internet networking technologies including TCP, HTTP, DNS.
- Expertise working with RDBMS, including schema design, writing SQL for complex multi-table queries & optimizing query performance.
- Expertise in using Git & Git branching models.
- You enjoy working as a part of a collaborative team & demonstrate an open mindset.
- Strong communication skills: able to clearly articulate, defend & document design decisions & work with a cross-discipline team.
- A love of problem solving & a sense of imagination!
- Experience designing & implementing scalable systems that process large amounts of data
- 5+ years building back-end services & APIs in Django or Flask
- Experience designing schemas for efficiently indexing & searching content in Solr or Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with AWS (specifically EC2, ELB, EBS, S3, & R53)
- Experience working with RabbitMQ, Spark
- Familiarity with GitHub & its workflow is a plus.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on a number of non-discriminating factors, including qualifications for the role, level, skills, experience, location, & balancing internal equity relative to peers at DV.
The estimated salary range for this role based on the qualifications set forth in the job description is between $99,000 - $197,000. This role will also be eligible for bonus/commission (as applicable), equity, & benefits.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description; however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, & recognize that the person we hire may be more or less experienced than this job description as posted.
Dont meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women & people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At DoubleVerify we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive & authentic workplace, so if youre excited about this role but your past experience doesnt align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!