CommonBond is seeking a Product Manager to lead the delivery of multiple lending products This is a highly collaborative role interfacing between engineering & key stakeholders throughout the company. Wild success for this role is to create the product features that will drive significant revenue growth for CommonBond while helping people save money throughout their financial journey.
You will be contributing to our inclusive environment, fostering a culture that brings out the best in yourself & your colleagues. Your manager will be your champion & coach and will help ensure you are able to grow as an individual while you contribute to the excellence & advancement of our platform.
We offer autonomy, responsibility, & a team of amazing in-office & remote colleagues, plus generous benefits including comprehensive healthcare, student loan reimbursement, a flexible time off policy, paid parental leave, volunteer time off & access to professional development opportunities .
- Drive product implementation working closely with development squads & engineering & design leadership
- Test & iterate on all aspects of the product experience
- Proactively identify patterns & insights from data to inform user experience & prioritization decisions
- Build domain knowledge & expertise around the market & competitive landscape to inform decisions
- Demonstrate strong creativity & scrappiness & handle constraints with grace
- Review, analyze, & manage existing processes & documentation, & generate new materials as needed
- Translate business requirements into detailed functional requirements for engineering team
- Assist in development & execution of user testing to validate system functionality
- Build & execute product backlog while addressing production support needs of the product
- Forecast the impact of feature releases of your products & then measure performance
- Support daily stand-ups, sprint planning & retrospectives & manage the end-to-end agile design / build / test / release process
- 4+ years of product management experience ideally in a transactional direct to consumer business
- Customer-centric: You possess great customer empathy. You arent shy about speaking with customers firsthand to understand how theyre experiencing your product & leveraging their feedback to drive your roadmap
- Technical Acumen: ability to translate consumers insights into product requirements & acceptance criteria, working closely with engineering teams to deliver great products
- Communication: Effective communicator that can tailor communication style to the audience (i.e. more technical for engineering team communications, higher level for executive team communications)
- Data-Driven: Demonstrated desire & ability to use data & analytics to measure impact of products & features & ultimately drive prioritization
- Collaborative: You take high ownership of your product but balance that with a collaborative nature knowing that great ideas for product exist across the organization (and outside it!)
- Strategic: You understand the competitive landscape & job to be done by the customer. You think about how your product fits in that landscape today & where it can fit in the future
- Hungry: You are a self-starter who is very comfortable setting your own agenda & working in a culture of high ownership & high expectations. You have a passion for shipping product
- Strong desire to make personal finance more human & easier to manage
You can work in our New York City HQ; or remotely from anywhere in the US (as long as you work east coast hours). As a heads up, due to the on-going pandemic of COVID-19, if you choose to work from our NYC HQ, it is likely that youll start working remotely.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.