We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our team! This group shares a common interest in distributed backend systems, scalability, availability, & continued deployment. You will build the platform that powers the retail experience for some of largest brands in the world.
You will use the latest tools & technologies to solve challenging & interesting problems to redefine the way people shop & how online retailers develop relationships with their customers. Check out our current tech stack here. Above all, your work will positively impact the lives of millions of users.
What you will do:
- Architect, design, develop, deploy & operate Python services that serve millions of users.
- Scale our platform to support continued exponential user growth.
- Build platform features that make the life easier for engineers working in other teams at Ordergroove & those working for our biggest clients.
- Develop & maintain our external APIs which are flexible, extremely responsive, & highly available.
- Help us materialize our long term SaaS platform vision by turning it into tactical goals & requirements.
- Support the transition of our platform from monolith to microservices.
- Work on the cutting edge technology to solve interesting & challenging problems. Your contribution will earn you bragging rights on our engineering blog.
- You have experience in designing & building distributed, high volume services preferably written in Python.
- You are a skilled communicator & are comfortable articulating complex ideas & talking abstract concepts.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structure, algorithms & are comfortable working with larger data sets.
- You care about code quality & you thrive in a test driven environment; know what it means to ship high quality code, & are eager to continuously improve by leaving the grass greener on any piece of the platform you get to work on.
- You are a passionate mentor & advocate for your technological vision but you are also respectful & open to learn from other people's view points.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with one or more of e-commerce products, high volume SaaS products, payment systems.
- Supported external APIs and/or developer communities.
- Experience with Kubernetes & Docker.
- Familiarity with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Exposure to Celery or other scaled task management systems.
Were a close-knit team of passionate engineers, marketers & innovators whose mission is to help our clients become an indispensable part of their customers' lives through Relationship Commerce. Weve raised over $40M in venture capital & are planning to grow our team to 100 people this year!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture celebrates independent thinking & curiosity. We demand the best of ourselves & each other & never miss an opportunity to celebrate our success. Company events include hackathons, wine tours, summer BBQs, trips to baseball games & game nights.
We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering great employee benefits including one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation & meaningful stock option grants. Our New York HQ is minutes from all of the major subways & boasts a 6,000 square foot private outdoor terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan.
When you join the Ordergroove team you'll be surrounded by smart, fun people working to transform the business of commerce! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a company creating groundbreaking solutions, we invite you to learn more & apply!
At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming & supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds & experiences to join our growing team.