Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision & execution. You will take ownership of our product by solving problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
We're looking for a Product Designer to join the team that works on Domains & Email services products within the Presence team. In this role, you will lead an important part of the website publishing experiencehelping customers create a professional website domain URL. In addition to Domains, this team also manages our Workspace accounts which gives users access to email addresses & more. You will focus on making sure that this process is as intuitive as possible.
You will report to the Director of Design for Presence. This position can be a full-time remote position or located in New York .
You'll Get To...
- Be the go-to Design expert for the entire Domains & Email product area
- Identifying new, large opportunity areas through proactive discovery, research, & collaboration
- Build a high quality solution that affects the strategy
- Contribute to OKRs, product strategy, vision, & roadmap by working closely with Product & Engineering partners in a triad model
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams on evolving solutions that equally support our strategy & user goals
- Lead work from discovery & concept through detailed design & delivery
- Collaborate with up-stream & down-stream product teams to ensure a consistent user journey
- Be data-driven & have an interest in measuring & improving the experience
- Facilitate user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
Who We're Looking For
- 7+ years of experience
- Be able to turn large amounts of data into simple design & user experience tasks
- Knowledge of best practices regarding visual design principles of consistency, color, typography, animation & a keen eye for subtle details
- Someone who can prototype large product concepts as well as detailed micro-interactions
- Build influence by providing thought leadership that is invaluable to the success of the company
- An expert at using a systems approach to design
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research
- Proven ability putting yourself in the customer's shoes & coming up with ideas that are relevant & enticing
- Knowledge of current trends in design & technology
- Deep passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Health Savings Account with Squarespace funding
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Supplemental Insurance plans
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote Stipend
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $170,000 - $260,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, & location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate & consistent during the hiring process.