The Dodo is seeking its first (and only) dedicated Director of Marketing to lead the strategy & execution of our marketing efforts. As the most engaged publisher in the world across social media, The Dodo has built a massive, loyal fan base around our content. In this newly created role, you will play a key part in figuring out how to convert our fan base into active consumers of The Dodos products & new content formats -- in addition to tapping into new audiences & consumer segments.
What youll do
- Set the overall direction of our marketing strategy across the brand, our content, commerce, & experiences, ensuring consistency across all collateral & touchpoints
- Bring a passionate, highly informed, data-driven view on how to speak, & sell, to our audience on each platform -- on social media & own-and-operated sites -- in an innovative, on-brand way, using both top- & bottom-funnel tactics
- Lead the charge in structuring & prioritizing go-to-market campaigns based on what we are selling & its importance to the business -- taking a strategic approach to optimizing our calendar, inventory, audience attention & goodwill
- Manage the creative execution of our marketing campaigns, including developing the overall messaging & copy, & having a clear vision for the look & feel of the campaign
- Stay on top of the latest trends & best practices for converting audiences, & leverage the appropriate features & tools on each platform
- Work with our data insights team to take a results-driven approach to measuring the success of each campaign, including both optimizing the messaging in real time & identifying key learnings in the post-mortem
Who were looking for
- Youre a marketing expert who excels at both the creative & operational aspects of planning & executing a campaign
- You have a passion for content, & a clear understanding of & respect for how content & commerce can live side by side under the same brand
- You have an intuitive understanding of what drives consumers to click, watch, & purchase
- Youre highly skilled at managing your time across strategy & day-to-day execution, & across concurrently running campaigns
- You have a healthy relationship with both the art & science of marketing -- you love data but understand how to interpret / supplement it with the right creative context & passion
- Youre a self-starter who thrives in environments with high autonomy & accountability
- Youre budget-conscious & resourceful in finding ways to maximize ROI
- Youre excited by the prospect of operating as a team of one while collaborating closely with multiple teams -- editorial, operations, platform management, communications, commerce etc. -- at both the brand & parent company level
- 6+ years in digital media marketing. Prior experience in both content & commerce marketing preferred. Prior experience in social media strongly preferred
- Well versed in the digital advertising ecosystem
- Prior experience building & managing a full-funnel marketing budget & calendar
- Analytical thinker with the ability to translate data into actionable takeaways
- Highly proficient in Keynote & the Google Suite
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees run clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea. Who needs anything else?
Who is The Dodo?
The Dodo is the leading digital media brand for animal people. Were committed to creating fun, entertaining, emotional animal-related content everything from snackable & shareable short form videos to heartwarming rescue stories & meaningful advocacy pieces. Our audience is everyone who loves animals, from people who are obsessed with their pets all the way to people dedicating their lives to making the world a better place for animals. We are looking for passionate, proactive, flexible people who are interested in helping build a brand that not only entertains but makes people around the world feel connected to animals.