At Appian, were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software! As a Senior Curriculum Developer, youll partner with internal product teams to transform our content in order to train, empower, & make life easier for our users.
What is Appian? Its a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
What youll do:
- Author eLearning lessons, storyboards, exercises & supporting material either independently or in collaboration with other content developers and/or subject matter experts
- Improve & edit learning materials for clarity, consistency, & instructional efficacy as well as create measurement tools to assess the effectiveness of training material
- Partner with our Product Management team to help make informed content design decisions & our Media Production team to conceptualize visual aids & graphics for supporting course content
- Support & administer our enterprise LMS; including maintaining content, communicating with end users, answering questions, & facilitating discussions
- Maintain & support eLearning best practices
- Experience or familiarity with enterprise software training development, or related technical field
- Experience organizing complex information & content from a variety of sources into a coherent & logical outline & narrative
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools: Captivate, Articulate, or comparable tools for developing interactive learning experiences
- Proven experience applying Adult Learning Theory to create courseware, including identifying learning objectives & outcomes, course scripts, & course storyboards
- Strong communication skills, especially written; able to translate complex concepts into appropriate language for a wide range of learners with varying backgrounds
- Experience using both ADDIE & SAM content development methods
- Innovative, self-motivated, highly organized, & constantly employing new ideas to make content more engaging for learners
- Exceptionally creative, collaborative, & truly excited about building interactive training content
- Most importantly, a passion for technology, learning, & training!
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.