Mobile Engineers sit side-by-side with Full Stack Engineers, User Experience Designers, & Product Managers to craft our consumer-facing applications. Part of being a member of this team is a love for building products you're proud to share with your friends & family. Our goal is to delight our customers whenever possible with sleek design, simple user experience, & access to sophisticated advice. You will manage our Banking Mobile team thats tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture, & interaction.
A Day in the Life:
- People: Managing a team of engineers building new features & iterating on our Checking product. Creating opportunities & providing feedback to grow them in their careers.
- Mission: Partnering closely with product & design to build dynamic & engaging user experiences that empower our customers to live better lives
- Tech: Building best-in-class financial products using state-of-the-art tech & design patterns. Utilizing RX & Flutter for reactive data flows & composable UIs
- Quality: Releasing polished features & minimizing bugs via feature gating, CI/CD, automated testing, & observability
- Iteration: Shipping early & often in a fast-paced, experiment driven product development process
What We're Looking for:
- Experience mentoring & leading mobile engineering teams
- Experience building interactive iOS or Android applications using Objective-C, Swift, Java, or Kotlin
- Experience or interest in learning Dart & Flutter to help propel us as we continue to lean into this exciting & promising cross-platform stack
- Ability to make the tradeoffs required to ship without compromising quality
- Strong desire to lead initiatives to ensure we are providing as much value as possible to our customers
- Excitement to collaborate with stakeholders including other Engineering disciplines, Designers, Product Managers, & Technical Program Managers
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
- Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
- Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells & BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.