We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is looking for a customer-oriented enthusiast to join our European Customer Support team.
You will provide front line customer support by interacting daily with Owners & Members via phone, e-mail, chat & Social Media for the English, French and/or Italian markets, as well as, any other European speaking markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deal directly with owners/members by phone, email & chat
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Handle & resolve customer complaints
- Obtain & evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries & complaints
- Cancelling & modifying reservations by phone
- Making outbound calls to hotel properties, Online Travel Agencies, & other businesses
- Corresponding courteously & professionally in email, chat, & calls interactions
- Providing consistent & timely product feedback to improve customers experiences
- Recording accurate booking information, customer inquiries, interactions, & details of actions taken into various in-house software solutions
- Special project / product work when required
- Representing Tripadvisor in all customer interactions displaying company values & focused on member satisfaction
- Responsible for personal performance on customer satisfaction surveys, quality scores, contact handle time & productivity metrics.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- Strong customer service skills (professional telephone, email & chat etiquette)
- Strong time management/prioritization skills & multi-tasking ability
- Ability to work in a team, anticipate problems & suggest solutions
- Experience in online travel in customer service, operations or reservations
- Distinct Advantage if proficient with Travel Global Distribution Systems (GDS)
- Good understanding with the Tripadvisor site, including the submission of reviews, membership & participation in Forums
- Patience, empathizing & understanding when speaking with both Owners & Members
- Sense of discretion around confidential information
- Basic background knowledge of computers & IT functions
- Experience with relevant applications, including but not limited to:
Web-based content management Systems CRM/Customer Support Tools (Salesforce, Zendesk etc) Word Processing/Spreadsheet Applications (Microsoft Office, etc.) Social Media Applications (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (verbal & written), fluent in English, as well as, French and/or Italian. Knowledge of any additional European language is a distinct advantage.
- Willingness to works shift pattern essential
- Occasionally work weekends or on a bank holiday (days back in lieu)
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that different tasks be performed as necessary.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.