VICE is seeking a communications professional to oversee communications efforts for two areas - our digital publishing business & internal communications efforts for VICE employees.
This position will serve as a key member of the global communications team, acting as the primary communications contact for our digital business. At the same time, this person will also help coordinate & plan internal communications projects & events while also innovating new communication tools for optimal results. Success will be measured by this persons ability to multi-task & to be able to lead both internal & external constituents. Were looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, an insatiable curiosity & a drive to tell the VICE story.
For Digital Communications
- Lead all strategic efforts to amplify work of our digital team across vice.com, socials & digital platforms.
- Write & edit press releases, media advisories, briefings & statements.
- Exhibit deep understanding of both our digital content & the digital business to be able to proactively plan new ways to share news about VICE digital.
- Build deep relationships with reporters/media outlets, influencers & other external stakeholders.
- Build partnerships & opportunities for on-the-ground brand extension efforts
For Internal Communications
- Determine & manage information to share with VICE staff & how its delivered.
- Develop & manage internal processes to enhance global coordination & alignment of communications activities.
- Liaise with global teams to share & send out VICE information, as appropriate.
- Manage VICE corporate website with up-to-date information.
- Suggest & activate new ways of communicating for best results.
- Manage the systems & process for staff speaking opportunities.
- 5+ years minimum experience in communications for news, documentaries, current affairs, preferably in a media, entertainment, or other similar work environment.
- Bachelors degree in journalism, public relations, communications, digital studies, or related field
- Superb writing skills
- Proven project management capabilities
- Proven track record of securing high-level media coverage
- Strong existing relationships with media, including business & trade journalists
- Ability to drive productive communications with both internal & external audiences equally well.
- Passion for VICE content.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities : VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable state or local laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.