Company Description|Job Description
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to 550 employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform.To date, the company's mobile games have reached over 200 million players worldwide.In 2019, its most successful IP,the award-winningDead byDaylightTM,celebrated12 million players.Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, LaCapitale, & many more.
The Quality Assurance (QA)TeamLeadhasownership of thequality assurance activities for a specificproject. The QATeamLead works closely with the QA director, producers,andtesters to ensure that projects are delivered on time & with the highest possible level of quality.The QA Team Leadis responsible for trackingtest milestones to ensure that objectives are reached.
TheQATeamLead trains, mentors, coaches, supervises, schedules, & monitors the activities of alargeteam of development & functional testers. The QA Team Lead is an active participant in the operations of Behaviour's QA department, a great communicator, & a forward-thinking strategist.
- Manage execution of assigned QA activities, including software engineering quality assurance & testing.
- Ensure QA personnel are prioritizing & tracking defects & issues correctly & recommend corrective action where required.
- Create & implement test plans that span a product's lifecycle, cover art, design, & engineering as well as localization testing of all SKUs.
- Implement testing policies, procedures & standards across specific products.
- Manage QA personnel including full-time & temporary employees as well as testers from third party vendors.
- Adapt the testing strategy to the project's expansion.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal & external users to acquire & exchange information on QA issues, processes, & best practices.
- Manage relationships with first-party QA personnel worldwide as required.
- Assess risks early in the production pipeline & deliver reports & recommendations on how to fix the situation to the development team
- Participate in QA leadership meetingsto help set company-wide QA objectives & processesin collaboration withtheother QA Team Leads & the QA Director
- Minimum5years of QA experience within the video game industry
- 1+ year as lead QA, managing teams of 5+ testers
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, & conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of test case management tools (Testrail, TM4J,etc)
- Experience with game certifications as required by Windows, Steam, Microsoft, Sony, & Nintendo
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Excellent understanding of PC & console game testing
- In depth understanding of formal test & development processes
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong project & time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks & meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic, positive, team oriented, & organized
- Ability to work under tight schedules & high-stress environment
- A sense of humour doesn't hurt either
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.