Ensure high quality & timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding changes from the customer perspective & ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Strives to understand complex system interactions & dependencies that can cause quality issues & ensures engineers account for them in their design & testing. Analyzes mistakes & helps ensure they do not recur.
- Manually test & troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, database, & regression Test features across web, Android & iOS platforms.
- Write automated test code using tools like Java, Python & Selenium. Ability to apply test automation design & techniques.
- Support existing features by performing regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Perform analysis, research, & troubleshooting of software defects & aid in the documentation of defects & anomalies.
- Build, maintain & improve test artifacts for rapid & efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Work with other scrum team members to define & review Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure complete & timely reporting of bugs & test results.
- Know some elements of test design.
- Understand how to systematically analyze requirements.
- Know how to understand the root cause of software defects.
- Understand Engineering strategy for performance engineering.
- Write complete & concise software defects with all necessary supporting information.
- Participates in release management activities.
Preferred Experience Level:
1+ year of relevant experience
B.S. degree in an Engineering field or demonstrated aptitude for technology
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.