Who we are:
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
What is the Role:
Intersection is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Accounting team. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting new company bringing innovation to the urban cityscape. The Senior Accountant is responsible for various general accounting, financial reporting & consolidation activities.
In this role, you will:
Accounting & Financial Close
- Assist in monthly financial closing process, which includes analyzing accounts such as bank reconciliations, prepaids, accrued expenses, intangible assets, debt & equity areas, etc., & entering appropriate journal entries.
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis, for designated accounts.
- Responsible for filing the companys sales taxes.
- Support internal & external audit requirements related to designated areas of responsibility.
- Monthly expense budget/actual variance analysis.
- Maintain integrity of data across reporting dimensions including: legal entity, business unit, market, contract, project, & sales channel.
Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Assist in the preparation of internal corporate reporting, & external reports for investors, lenders, & business partners.
- Perform analysis on a routine & ad-hoc basis across reporting dimensions.
- Prepare department actual vs budget commentary & analysis on a monthly basis.
- Work in cross functional teams to drive process improvements & support decision making.
Financials Systems & Special Projects
- Monitor financial systems to ensure the integrity of data across revenue & cost of revenue.
- Assist in system enhancements & ad hoc analysis as assigned.
Within your first month, you will:
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for designated accounts
- Assist in month end close process
- Prepare daily bank reconciliations
Within your first three months, you will:
- Prepare monthly T&E reports
- Perform analysis on department actual vs budget reporting
- Cross train with accounting manager on filing companys sales taxes
- Manage intercompany reconciliation process
Within your first six months, you will:
- Prepare & file monthly/quarterly tax filings
- Assist with preparation of companys monthly financial statements
- Manage general ledger chart of accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage T&E entries
- Review designated areas of responsibility within trial balances to ensure audit readiness
You are great for this role because you have:
- A Bachelors degree in accounting or finance (required)
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Strong analytical & communication skills
- The ability to identify problems & discrepancies, independently perform research & analysis of causes & recommend corrective actions
- Are detailed & results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, & constantly evolving environment
- The ability to evaluate priorities & multi-task accordingly while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
- A high degree of data integrity/accuracy
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including solid Excel skills
- Big 4 public accounting or public/private company corporate accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) & Management Reporter a plus
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique & every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products & offerings impact cities across the world & its our goal to represent the diversity & differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status & all other legally protected characteristics.