AEye creates high-performance, adaptive, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance, & robotic vision applications. AEyes software-driven system leverages deterministic AI to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, & more reliable perception for everything that moves. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, & backed by world-renowned investors including Kleiner Perkins, Taiwania Capital, GM Ventures, Intel Capital, Continental AG, Hella Ventures, LG Electronics, Aisin, Airbus Ventures, SK Hynix, Subaru-SBI, & Tyche Partners.
AEye is seeking a highly motivated Senior User Experience Designer to join our product team. This role will be responsible for imagining & concepting how our users interact with AEyes multiple software & hardware products. This role, along with everyone on the product team, is expected to be a fierce advocate for the people who use our products. The ideal candidate should have a practiced eye for effective design & be committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate existing applications & their UX effectiveness considering complexity, discoverability, & other HCI elements
- Run user testing of applications, unboxing, & hardware onboarding
- Define interaction models, user task flows, & UI specifications (Information architecture)
- Discover & communicate hypothetical users scenarios, end-to-end experiences, & interaction models
- Work with marketing & design teams to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished products
- Developing & maintain design wireframes & specifications
- Work closely with software teams to translate designs into prototypes & eventually shipping product
- Provide input & guidance in hardware & packaging design to ensure positive user interactions & brand identity
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in creating & implementing UX design
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop & others
- Ability to think creatively
- Excellent organizational, time, & project management skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Experience in organizing & evaluating user testing to gather quality information & feedback
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience with software development & ability to prototype & troubleshoot using HTML, CSS, C++, QT, & comparable languages
- Experience with 3d graphics & visualization
- Prior experience with hardware products
AEye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.