We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Senior Revenue Accountant to join our growing Accounting team. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of various Revenue focused workstreams & contributing to the development & implementation of best practices within the accounting & financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, external reporting processes & internal controls, as well as a thorough understanding of Pelotons multifaceted business. This role offers a great opportunity to learn & grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Ownership of revenue accounting close process for assigned areas, including daily interaction with business partners & external auditors.
- Book monthly journal entries & prepare related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform technical accounting research & assist in the creation of supporting documentation when new revenue streams arise, & as new areas of the business are formed
- Continually develop, expand, & improve month-end close & financial reporting procedures & help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing & streamlining close-related activities
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems
- Investigate reporting discrepancies & communicate issues as they arrive in a timely manner
- Assist in the calculation, presentation & communication of revenue analytics & companywide KPIs
- Own the process in development of robust documentation around SOX Compliant Internal Controls, & ensure all controls are performed & documented in a manner that will meet requirements of internal & external auditors.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis & researching or benchmarking best practices inside & outside of the company
- Support business process by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts payable, treasury, tax, human resources, IT, legal & Supply Chain
- Be a key member of the accounting team by assisting with other responsibilities, including participation in special projects, ERP implementation, internal controls, & ad hoc analyses
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance; Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of private & public accounting experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory & application of U.S. GAAP; experience with revenue recognition under ASC 606 is a plus
- Experience working in a complex ERP system; systems implementation experience is preferred (NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Must be a highly organized, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & within a team environment
- Team player with a strong work ethic & positive attitude
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization
- Strong Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing & manipulating large data sets.
- Superior problem-solving skills & ability to manage competing priorities & deadlines.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.