At SoundHound, our mission is to enable humans to interact with the world the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, & every other part of the emerging voice-first world.
We seek an experienced Research Engineer whose contributions will significantly advance our core technologies. High-visibility research areas include text-to-speech, automatic speech recognition, wake-phrase detection, speaker verification, & speech enhancement. For this particular role, you will start by innovating deep neural network approaches for text-to-speech. You will have an opportunity to deploy your work on big brands like Snapchat, Motorola, Honda, & Mercedes-Benz.
As a member of the Speech Team, you will work closely with teammates across North America & Europe. This role will be a great fit if you do your best work when given room to take ownership & show your ingenuity. We believe that leveraging our diverse perspectives & creativity will result in leading-edge voice AI products.
In this role you will:
- Lead high-impact machine learning projects
- Focus on production-driven research that requires ground-breaking innovation
- Push the state of the art in production-viable text-to-speech (TTS) technology
- Collaborate with core R&D teams working on world-class ML products
We would love to hear from you if:
- You are well-versed in machine learning fundamentals: optimization, probability, statistics, & linear algebra
- You have a track record of leading high-impact machine learning projects in an industry setting
- You write efficient, production-level Python or C++ code in a Linux environment
- You are humble & data-driven when making decisions
- You graduated with a Masters or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
Wed be especially excited to hear from you if you have experience with text-to-speech deep learning algorithms. Be sure to mention if you have done research work or are published in machine learning or language technologies.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, & inclusion are key to who we are. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success. We are also committed to providing access & reasonable accommodation in its job application & interview process for individuals with disabilities.
We are intentional about fostering an environment where everyone feels supported. Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, & flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, & culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team & bring your unique voice to our mission!