We are looking for a smart, driven, & detail-oriented Merchandising Assistant who wants to dive in & learn the nuts & bolts of merchandising. This is an entry level position. This person is responsible for implementing & executing product set up information to launch items on the Zola site. He or she will manage set-up, image uploads, site merchandising changes, & pricing in a timely & accurate fashion to maximize sales & help achieve financial objectives. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience in e-commerce as well as a strong desire to gain the technical & practical knowledge required to launch a career in buying. This person will report into a Buyer & work closely with all members of the Merchandising Team, & have exposure to all facets of the company including cross-functional partners in Planning, Operations, Marketing, & more.
- Manage online product content for Zola.com, including product descriptions, copy, & pricing in an accurate & timely manner.
- Understand the set up process to recommend & execute on how to group products into appropriate collections, kits, & bundles.
- Actively communicate with external vendors to pitch partnership & acquire information for set up.
- Support tracking & coordination for the pipeline of many vendors in various stages of set up, as well as any ad hoc & other organizational tasks to support .
- Respond, research inquires/issues from external customers relating to customer service questions.
- May pull reporting for sales & other analyses.
- Support the merchandising team, performing administrative tasks as necessary.
- Support the department's visual merchandising on the site.
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Business, Merchandising or quantitative/analytical major
- Entry level; 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Proven analytical & project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to execute tasks with precision & accuracy across multiple demands while maintaining a high level of organization & attention to detail
- Ability to adjust priorities & manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, with a strong sense of follow through
- Ability to be proactive in nature; resolves or appropriately escalates issues
- Ability to develop & maintain collaborative working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally & in writing
- MUST be systems-oriented & proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Suite
- Excel proficiency; advanced pivot table & vlookup experience a plus
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Interest in startups & new businesses (experience in an early stage company a plus)
REQUIREMENT: Please address your cover letter to Kathleen DeTurris. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. Were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, & we have offices in Charlottesville & Montreal. Come work with us!