Your role in our mission
Were on a mission to build intuitive, personal help & anticipatory technology into one of the most important spaces in our lives: our home. As a startup at the intersection of four multi-billion dollar industries - real estate, technology, service & commerce - Hello Alfred is a new kind of company: trusted to serve consumers past their front door.
Partnering with the largest real estate developers in the world, Hello Alfreds footprint has grown rapidly in the last three years & currently operates in more than 20 markets across the United States, offering an ever-expanding roster of services & experiences to provide help & enhance the lives of residents. We are looking for extremely inspired & talented people to join our team at a moment of extreme growth.
How youll help us to be successful
Product Designers at Hello Alfred drive our creative vision & strategy; developing simple, innovative, & beautifully designed products for our customers.
Were looking for an experienced product designer to join our Members team. Youll be the design owner & strategic partner with the product & engineering teams on our key initiatives. Youll establish a shared vision, creating compelling stories & setting a world-class creative direction. Youll inspire the organization, leading by example & prototyping outstanding design solutions.
- Own the end-to-end design process of new iOS & Android features & iterations
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy for our products, thinking in terms of design systems & not just screens
- Be autonomous & take full ownership of your work, down to every last detail
- Design & prototype multiple ideas quickly, & connect regularly with customers to validate product directions
- Partner with engineers as they build & ship ideas
- Become a mentor & help grow a collaborative culture
What superpowers youll use
- Visual design: You have exceptional command of visual composition, typographic hierarchy, & creating scalable UI solutions. From the overarching user flow to refining small details in UI you will ensure a cohesive experience across Hello Alfred. Youre a designer equally invested in crafting visual & user experience design.
- User experience: Through your design process you will strive to minimize the complexity of our systems into thoughtful user experiences. Youll have experience shipping products, observing how people used them, & iterating toward improvement until solutions are elegant in usability & efficient in achieving outcomes.
- Research: Using qualitative & quantitative data, youll identify important product insights. Youll identify opportunities to collect feedback to make informed choices; knowing when to develop full user studies, & when to quickly get usability confirmation internally & ship. We believe great design is created in the intersection of rational analysis & creative leaps.
Who you are
- 4+ years of relevant design experience at consumer-focused, product-driven companies
- Passionate about designing mobile apps; youve a track record of shipping beautiful visual designs & intuitive experiences on both iOS & Android
- Experience working on monetization (e.g. checkout, subscriptions, etc.) is a plus
- Possess a strong understanding of product development process, from discovery & problem definition to detailed UX & visual design
- Clear communicator who is able to articulate design work with solid rationale that uses research & data
- Creative problem solver who can iterate with low fidelity sketches & translate into high fidelity designs using Sketch, Figma, & other tools
Youll click with us if you
- Practice empathy
- Conduct yourself with the highest integrity
- Are thoughtful, self-reflective & always open to growing
- Speak up with radical candor
- Approach your work like an owner
- Have a high & ever-climbing bar for excellence
- Always do things the right way, even when its harder
- Believe that #oneteam is greater than the sum of its parts
- Leave no loops unclosed