KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technologyevery process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes. KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Leading Commercial General Contractor is currently seeking a Project Accountant to join the growing Accounting team in Denver, CO This role will entail maintaining complete, full-cycle construction job cost accounting for assigned construction contracts in Denver. Projects may include Multi-family, Healthcare, Hospitality, Mixed-Use, High-Rise, Education and/or Institutional ($20M-$70M).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter approved budgets for contracts & subcontracts.
- Monitor insurance & waiver compliance for subcontracts.
- Process Pay Applications to our clients on a monthly basis, including entry into Sage/Timberscan & provide all project required backup
- Draft all Waivers to accompany Pay Applications.
- Process Subcontractors pay applications on a monthly basis., including entry into Sage.
- Process all Change Orders internal & subcontract associated with assigned jobs, including entry into Sage.
- Process all invoices associated with assigned jobs for payment.
- Provide monthly Job Cost reports to Project Manager & Senior Management with comprehension as to where we stand relative to the Job Cost Budget.
- Interface with Project Manager & Senior Management on all aspects of construction accounting.
- File all associated documents hard-copy & electronically as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Accounting or 3yrs comprehensive accounting experience.
- At least one year of Construction Accounting experience is REQUIRED.
- Microsoft Office; Sage/ Timberline/ Timberscan softwareexperience a plus,not required.
- Excel experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills able to communicate well verbally & in writing with all field & office team members, subcontractors & owner representatives.
- High attention to detail, deadline-oriented, excellent time-management & interpersonal skills. Ability to multi-task & work under pressure.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.