TED is looking for a Content Specialist for a new product being released later this year into the corporate learning & development space. This individual will curate a collection of video content & write new content that brings this product to life while maintaining the complex asset database & editorial workflows that are required to keep things running smoothly.
The ideal candidate for this role has previous experience in content development, content curation and/or instructional design, with a minimum 2-3 years of experience in the Learning & Development space.
We are looking for someone who is as detail-oriented about organizing information as they are editorially savvy.
This role will become an expert in TEDs library (across TED Talks, TED-Ed animations, podcasts & TED original series) & manage a growing asset collection that comprises TEDs library for corporate learning.
This individual will also be responsible for writing new content that elevates a TED Talk into an actionable learning opportunity, as well as other original content creation such as instructional worksheets, playlist descriptions, email templates, & beyond.
We are looking for someone with excellent information management skills & technical acumen, as workflows involve keeping organized an immense amount of metadata, & managing the details of complex production processes.
This role reports into the TEDs Content Lead, L&D.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience as a writer, instructional designer and/or content developer in the adult learning space
- Robust knowledge of the Learning & Development landscape: existing, new & emerging content providers, content formats & platforms, learner needs, & common challenges
- Demonstrated ability to speak to a brand voice
- Experience owning or maintaining a large content library and/or a CMS
- An understanding of editorial/production workflows between content development & design
- Prior content curation experience
- Fluency in a second language a plus
Skills, Abilities & Traits:
- Excellent editorial judgment to determine content appropriateness & alignment
- Strong writing skills
- Instructional design acumen
- Stellar project management & organizational skills
- High comfort level managing technologies that power our workflows (Airtable, AWS, Excel, etc)
- Experience with design programs like InDesign or Photoshop a plus
- A stellar work-ethic
- Creative problem solver
- Deadline driven, self starter
- Customer satisfaction focused
- Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience, with 2-3 years of experience in the learning & development industry
- B.A. or equivalent
- Learning & staying up-to-date on the TED content library to maintain the collection
- Executing an editorial workflow involving curation, original content development & metadata creation, & database organization
- Maintaining a complex, multi-partner database
- Staying up-to-date on L&D industry trends: understanding the evolving content & business needs of customers
- Creating new curated collections, writing new email campaigns, worksheets, & other original content creation
- Ensuring the team stays on top of project priorities
- Assisting with market research
- Other duties & special projects as may be assigned
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure overall effectiveness & positive impact
- General: Office environment
- Physical: NA
- Mental/Visual: Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; work involves performing tasks to very close accuracy & quality specifications
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Computer Software, etc.: Ability to use common office equipment such as telephone, computer & copier
- Computer programs to include MS Office, Mac programs, Google Docs, functional related databases
- Travel: Upon request / as needed