KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
For strong, self-starting professionals, KATERRA offers a design-driven & friendly working environment within the framework of a vertically integrated design, manufacturing & construction company. To be successful in the Estimator position the candidate must be a self-directed person with excellent communication & technical skills combined with leadership expertise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist & lead in the development of detailed cost estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, schematic, design development, construction documents) This includes determining labor, material & equipment costs for specific disciplines.
- Responsible for coordination of quantity takeoff of scopes of work.
- Solicit pricing from other internal KATERRA business units.
- Assist in the development of a holistic strategy for each project from concept to construction.
- Participate in determining areas for self-perform trades, KATERRA material selection & areas for value engineering.
- Support the self-perform groups, materials team & manufacturing team with project information & quantities.
- Assist in the management of a centralized cost estimating database & a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Provide improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated & actual costs.
- Identify cost trends to assist KATERRA in cost reduction & process improvement efforts.
- Supports the decisions & efforts of the team leader or pursue differences of opinion in an appropriate manner.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of estimating experience in the commercial construction industry, preferably in multi-family, senior living & hospitality.
- Knowledge & experience with Continuous Improvement & LEAN Construction methods.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Suite, OnScreen or Planswift Take-off, Revit
- Experience leading teams
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree or above in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or Business
- Ability to work in a team environment & initiative to execute on self-guided, special initiative projects.
- Drive towards results, proactively identify risks & escalate effectively.
- Strong verbal, written & graphic communication skills & can effectively work & communicate across large cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solver, & communicator.
- Flexibility to evolve with various tasks & directions as new projects & initiatives unfold.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding, dynamic work-environment.
- Detail oriented personality with strong organizational skills.
- Disciplined work ethic with great attitude & energy.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.