About the Role
At OneTrust, our mission is to protect the privacy of individuals by empowering organizations to manage the data they house in a responsible way. With a passion to solve global privacy concerns, our team has built the most widely used privacy management platform used by companies to comply with data privacy regulations & establish privacy as a best practice within their organization.
We're looking for aJava Developer that will report to the Development Manager. In this role, you will bring a strong track record of owning / applying Agile methodologies & use complex problem-solving skills to develop enterprise-ready software on cloud platforms. You will also havea strong DevOps mindset, withexperience working in CI/CD environments.
What youll do:
- Influence andexecute the technical strategy & roadmap for products, making decisions on technologies that are robust & scalable
- Build quality directly into the engineering processes & solutions through automated testing & test-driven development
- Influence & execute on engineering processes that delivers predictable quality, including code reviews.
- Help build high performing teams, grow & mentor the technical skills within the team & create development opportunities for them
- Analyze code quality & continually assess risk to ensure that high quality solutions are delivered
- Write, review & take responsibility for clear, concise, & comprehensive technical documentation
- Design, develop, & unit test applications deployed to MS Azure; assist with cloud application architecture
- Work with Product Owners to translate roadmap features into manageable components/tasks, estimate timings & resources, suggest solutions, & identify possible risks
- Lead & participate in the architectural design of features early in the development cycle
- Conduct & lead peer reviews
- Contribute to sprint planning & help plan/participate in daily scrums, sprint retrospectives, & sprint demos
- Evaluate root causes for issues & continually improve efficiency within the team
- Work with test & operations teams to troubleshoot & resolve issues throughout the life cycle
- Stay current on modern software development best practices, emerging technologies, & design patterns & contribute to thought leadership efforts
What were looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- 10+ years of full software development lifecyclewith a minimum of 2+ years leading distributed teams
- Passion for high quality work & attention to detail
- Deep understanding & experience in product lifecycle management
- Highly proficient at writing robust software for large-scale web applications in a dynamic environment with rapid release cycles
- Proficient in coaching/guiding/influencing others on software engineering processes & practices (TDD, BDD, Agile) to build high quality products
- Advanced knowledge of Core Java, REST, & the Spring ecosystem, familiarity with Spring Boot or Spring Cloud.
- Database Knowledge (SQL)
- Experience in Agile development (Scrum, XP, or Pair Programming)
- Highly proficient with web services (e.g. RESTful services)
- Experience with cloud application development (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Amazon Web Services)
- Proficient in using test automation framework, code quality tools & performance analysis tools
- Proficient in Test-Driven Development (TDD) with JUnit, Mockito, Podam
- Experiencein Continuous Integration/Deployment - DevOps mindset
What Youll gain from joining OneTrust
You can expect tremendous professional development hyper-growth opportunities; an opportunity to work in an open environment on solutions that are reshaping the way business operates & respect for your ideas. We believe in recognition for a job well-done, great compensation package, & an environment that fosters creativity & divergent thinking.
At OneTrust, you will shift the way the global community manages personal information. Your contributions will be incredibly impactful, & your ideas will be embraced. With a new office space in Sandy Springs, our team's growth is a representation of the market need for a platform to establish privacy best practices, & OneTrust's dedication to the privacy space.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to be a part of, we'd love to talk!
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment & prohibits discrimination & harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.