**This is a temporary, 6-month contract role**
Harrys is a mens grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience, & for guys who know they shouldnt have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value & experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website & select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers & are growing fast. Were now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online & in stores across the country.
About the Team
The R&D Product Development Team at Harrys is responsible for all hard product launches (razor handles, cartridges, & accessories) from concept to mass production. As Harrys continues to grow as a Mens Grooming brand, the Product Development Team will also be the primary driver of new hard product innovation.
About the Role
The R&D Technician at Harrys will contribute to all aspects of mechanical design validation & reliability testing of our hard products including cartridges, razor handles, accessories, & more. This individual will work collaboratively within a cross functional team to design & execute product reliability testing plans for Harrys products ensuring mechanical robustness, reliability out in the field, & ensuring timeline coordination with program management. As we are beginning to expand our reliability & validation testing capabilities, there is tremendous room for growth in this role.
What you will do:
- Bring your passion & enthusiasm for engineering & teams to work every day.
- Under the direction of the Test & Reliability Engineer, test, measure, characterize & evaluate prototype components.
- Generate test reports the clearly document & communicate results for use by the Quality & Product Design Engineering teams
- Provide input on testing next steps upon analysis of testing results.
- Assist in pre- & post-test inspection of test articles.
- Participate in testing results share-outs.
- Assist in R&D measurement inspection initiatives.
- Assemble prototype components
- Participate in program retrospectives & other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Make data driven decisions.
- Inform R&D team of lab resource loading & planning
These may describe you:
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in a testing environment for mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge in the use & calibration of micrometers, calipers, vision-based metrology devices, force measurement systems & data collection devices.
- Creative, analytical, dynamic, & operates with flexibility.
- Strong desire to understand how things work & investigate reason for failures.
- Have an ability to clearly communicate testing status & results to both engineering & non-engineering teams.
- High motivation to learn & contribute to both product & process development within the R&D team.
- Experience in one 3D MCAD package. Solidworks is preferred.
- Proficient with measurement & inspection equipment & tools, mechanical & environmental testing apparatus.
- Have experience working with LabView
- Have experience testing electro-mechanical assemblies
- Sense of humor!
Who you will work with:
- You will report directly into the Senior Manager of Product Design Engineering.
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Program Management, Product Design Engineering, Quality, & the Advanced Technologies Team (manufacturing focus)
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.