LendingHome is a real estate tech company. We won our leadership position in the hearts & minds of our customers by leveraging technology & data to solve their financing needs, & are now building on that success to offer them additional services to help them build & grow their businesses.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access & simplified a way for real estate investorsboth novice & experiencedto get financing, generate wealth, & build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $7 billion dollars worth of loans across about 32,000+ projects, becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology & the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 & has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, & many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
Loans funded: More than $7 billion
Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020.
Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company.
Geography: Lending in 28 states, which account for more than 80% of the nations real estate market
Homes financed: About 32,000
Principal & interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
Employees: About 320 employees, scaling to 400 in 2021
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country & build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA & Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local & want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates & drive creativity & innovation.
We are looking for a hard-working vendor manager to assist our company in making sound purchasing decisions. Responsibilities include monitoring vendors to ensure compliance with company policies, attending company meetings, & informing new vendors of their responsibilities. You should also be able to cancel vendor contracts should company vendors fail to perform adequately.
To be successful as a vendor manager, you should be detail-oriented & adept at negotiating vendor contracts. Ultimately, an outstanding vendor manager should be able to multitask effectively as well as demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem-solving, & decision-making skills.
- Developing & sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors.
- Meeting with suitable vendors to assess their products, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, & communicate any product or service-related concerns.
- Conducting research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best pricing & product quality.
- Continually monitoring sales trends to determine which products are more popular than others.
- Implementing vendor selection programs to ensure that the best vendors are secured.
- Conducting interviews with new vendors & informing approved vendors of their responsibilities & obligations.
- Establishing standards by which to assess the performance of approved vendors.
- Evaluating current vendor management programs & identifying ways to improve them.
- Empower your team members to commit to excellence by fostering a culture of excellence.
- Identify process gaps & optimize efficiency/quality in the process between vendors & business.
- Lead & oversee the training of all potential direct reports.
- Develop training materials, job aides, and/or tools to create process efficiency & consistency.
- Strong command of LendingHome credit policy & process. Expected to stay current with any procedural changes & teach your team to scale your expertise.
- Act as a liaison between vendors & the business partners.
- Perform other duties & special projects as required.
- Be agile & ready to problem solve anything that comes our way.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in business or a departmentally related field
- 5 or more years of successful professional experience within the mortgage lending industry
- 2 or more years of successful professional experience managing vendor relationships
- 2 or more years of successful professional experience people managing preferred
- Foster a spirit of teamwork & collaboration among department members
- Computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment utilizing Google applications
- Self starter who excels in a fast paced agile software development environment
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills along with communication skills
- The ability to multitask effectively.
- Strong negotiation, management, & decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, & organizational skills.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
LendingHome in the News
Benefits & Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, & move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches & Bagel Wednesdaysand don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks & drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, & passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent & welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions & a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, & vision plans ensure that your mind & body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.