Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. In our ever-changing ecosystem,Open Bankingis introducing new competition to financial institutions in the battle for the consumer & merchant relationship. We are building abrand new technology platformthat will drive the future of this area & enhance Visa's value as a payments network. Built on thelatest standards/tech stackand providing open APIs & new modes of connectivity for data sharing, this platform will help drive innovation in the entire ecosystem.
We valuecreative & driven individualswho love toowntheir products, & design & implement solutions that create aseamless experiencefor consumers & clients. Our developers work across the stack, & are experts in service oriented architectures & technologies likeAngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka & Containers.
As we embark on the journey to build this new platform, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can participate in the detailed design & development activities for this product build.
Here are key responsibilities of the role -
- Design, document & implement new systems, as well as enhancements & modifications to existing software with code that complies with design specifications & meets security & Java best practices.
- Interact with both business & technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products & services that meet business requirements & expectations while applying the latest available tools & technology.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code & be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed business expectations.
- Identify opportunities for product innovation & strive for improvements to best practices, standards & processes.
- Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time with good code quality.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworksand other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, & features in business terms.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, & risks in a precise & timely manner.
- Develop components involving event
instrumentation, event classification, multi-protocol event handlers,
stream processing, pipelining, time series data aggregation & data
analytics.Leverage Open Source components, do proof of concepts and
integrate end to end functionalities to the Operational intelligence
platform for monitoring ,alerting across product lines.
- Design, develop, document & implement
new systems, as well as enhancements, modifications, & corrections to
existing software with code that complies with design specifications and
meets security & Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to
all standards for security, be easily maintainable & have high system
- Have a passion for delivering zero
defect code & be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet
or exceed the prescribed defect SLA. Coordinate the team's design,
development & testing activities, including conducting peer code reviews
in addition to contributing to core product.
- Identify opportunities for further
enhancements & refinements to best practices, standards & processes.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher.
- Expertise with Spring, Vertx or Akkaframeworks.
- Development experience in building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON andXML.
- Experience with Relationalor NoSQL database.
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins or such build automation tools.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies & iterative software development lifecycle principles.
- Previous experience with financial services/payments processing experience a big plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.