The role of the Global Operations Associate is a critical part of making Flexports mission to make global trade easy for everyone a reality. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries. In this role, your direct customers are the partners within your region: our account management & customs teams, subcontractors, carriers, terminals & trucking providers. Your work directly supports Flexports end customers in achieving their logistics goals. Most importantly, you will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
This role is designed to problem solve impactful operational challenges as part of our Global team while developing specialized expertise in supply chain operations. As the person who executes service delivery for our clients, you have the unique opportunity to help your regional team spot opportunities to improve & grow our customers business. You will be charged with helping Flexport account management teams & clients solve exceptional challenges in order to move their shipments in less time with lower costs & via improved productivity by your team, unblocking issues & establishing procedures to prevent them in the future.
As a supply chain operator, you are an expert in executing the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including Air exports & imports.
- You will personally represent Flexports value proposition by leading business implementation & shipment execution for new clients & opportunities.
- You will gain specialist expertise within a mode or function & act as the first point of escalation for issue resolution (reactive) or program improvements (proactive, both internally & externally).
- You will be the front line in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: shipments move on-time & exceptions are handled appropriately. You will be responsible for ensuring your work satisfies internal KPIs & SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- You will implement & test scalable operational infrastructure & procedures to ensure they are delivering the highest levels of efficiency & productivity for your customers. If they are not, you will look for opportunities to improve them.
- In the Global Operations team you will:
- Seamlessly coordinate the day-to-day supply operations with Air, Trucking, & Warehouse activities within your region.
- Analyze data to rate subcontractor & partner performance. Your analysis will inform subcontractor & partner performance management initiatives.
- Troubleshoot & handle exceptions or escalations in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development & implementation of procedures & systems to differentiate Flexport operations from the industry.
- You will help build & implement operational infrastructure & procedures in the day-to-day workflow, while constantly identifying & executing on opportunities to realize optimal efficiency & productivity.
- You will empower internal stakeholders by participating in feedback loops to ensure client needs are met.
- You will use metrics to spot opportunities to improve & deliver great performance in your role, including data quality & shipment milestone timeliness.
- You will act as a consultant to your regional team, product & engineering & the partners team on airfreight operations.
What you will need:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, airline operations, or consulting
- Desire to build a better machine & get irritated when things arent optimal
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinking with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strategic vision & ground floor execution
- Excitement to manage vendor relations & create best-in-class, innovative structures to do so
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & organizational skills
- A client service mindset; you are obsessed with client & internal stakeholder happiness
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- Ability to toggle between tactical & strategic (address a specific operational issue one minute & build out KPIs & SOPs the next)
- World class follow through skills
- A hammer in one hand, a feather in the other & the emotional intelligence to know which one to use & when
- Building & using your work process
- Optimizing processes analytically
- Pressure testing qualitative & quantitative work
- Applying policy, process, & best practices
- Problem solving 3b: solving problems through hypothesis-based root cause analysis
- Problem Solving 3c: solving problems through theory & experimentation
- Generating ideas through data
- Building feedback loops for a product or service
- Executing complex processes without missing adaptive opportunities
Growth & development:
Skills you can advance in this role:
- All of the above +
- Designing processes
- Investigating & trouble shooting the customers problem
- Execute complex princesses without missing adaptive opportunities
- Problem solving 4: Building consensus among people with strong, differing opinions
- Forming hypothesis & developing experiments
- Framing problems
- Solving problems through hypothesis-based root cause analysis
What you will learn:
- You will learn what it takes to build small teams in the execution of day-to-day tactical tasks.
- You will learn how to thrive in an ambiguous environment, research & test operational hypotheses & inform the strategy of a newly built team.
- You will gain specialist expertise to become a local subject matter expert within the company. You are the leading advisor in this area, someone our clients, partners, & internal teams go to for advice & strategy.
- You will gain the ability to continuously improve the client experience through a deep industry understanding. You are singularly positioned to realize how we can both work within & push the logistics industry forward to meet the standards of Flexports client-centric service.
Future tracks this role could lead to:
- Procurement or other expert roles requiring deep expertise in a specific area of supply chain management. You are the leading advisor in this area, someone our clients, partners, & internal teams go to for advice & strategy. You will have built processes & tools or led webinars, amplifying your knowledge.
- Client advisor/account management. Your deep passion for growing our customers business sets you on a path to become their advocate & representative at Flexport.