Think insurance is boring? We did too. So we built a company that takes everything you think you know about buying insurance & turns it on its head.
At Cover, want to become the largest & most customer centric insurance company in the world. Founded in 2016, Cover is a mobile-first insurance platform licensed in all 50 states, working with over 35 carriers. We were part of Y Combinators W16 batch, & have gone on to raise $27 million across three funding rounds backed by world class investors.
Were growing fast. In the past year weve scaled the team from 30 to 100 people across our San Francisco & Toronto offices. Across our diverse & multi-skilled team were working together to deliver a service thats effortless to interact with, transparently priced, & built on a sustainable & long term footing.
Were pushing hard to make our vision of insurance a reality & we want dedicated, inquisitive & collaborative people who are ready to play their part in achieving our goal.
Who we need:
Someone who can:
- work with our internal teams to identify opportunities to reduce toil & make life easier
- Discover, design & prototype new solutions, breaking them out into reusable tools that help teams
- Work on building out & improving our automated testing systems
- Learn & research new technologies that can further improve our tools & automation
What we are looking for:
- Background in software development, ideally Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar exposure to a variety of languages & programming styles
- Strong documentation skills - driven to maintain & update documentation as tools & workflows evolve
- Driven to learn & propose new solutions
- Able to work independently & in a team structure
What makes you stand out:
- Experience building apps, tools, scripts, etc (please share!)
- Experience working with & implementing ML
- Experience with presenting research on work, either through school or at work
We believe in equal opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.