As part of the team responsible for partnership enablement training, the Technical Instructor will work with the team to develop & deliver curriculum that will qualify Databricks partners & prepare them to deliver solutions using the Databricks Unified Analytics Platform. The position requires domestic & international travel to deliver training at venues ranging in size from a dozen to hundreds of people.
- Deliver Instructor-Led Training
- Flexibility to adjust travel schedule. We try to lock down our training calendar at least 4 weeks out.
- Own the engagements you deliver, we have logistics support etc. But ultimately it is up to you to ensure that you have what you need to deliver high value events & reach out when you need help.
- Be an ambassador for Databricks.
- Be cognizant of the partner relationship your engagement is fostering.
- Be on the lookout for relationships that need to be created or fostered between a variety of partner involved people at Databricks & the people you are interacting with in partner organizations.
- Be partner obsessed, enablement of a strong partner ecosystem is critical to our business.
- Develop Curriculum
- Work both individually & collaboratively to produce & update our curriculum. Not only with the latest features & capabilities in our product, but with the most up to date use cases & best practices in the industry.
- Leverage existing modular material to produce newly scoped engagement requirements.
- Bring feedback & your learnings from delivering in the field so we can integrate that back into what we are teaching.
- Work with the core curriculum team to funnel what we build & learn back as resources they can use in developing & revising the curriculum they are building.
- Experience teaching multi-day, in person technical classes
- Experience developing content for instructor led technical training
- Ability to quickly learn, grasp, & explain advanced concepts
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Strong speaking skills for both technical & non-technical audiences
- Solid grasp of programming principles (object oriented & functional). At least medium level proficiency in one of: Java, Scala, Python, R
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience working in or with one or more of the following personas
- Data Architects
- Data Engineers
- Data Analysts
- Data Scientists
Additional preferred qualifications are:
- Hands-on proficiency in Apache Spark, Redshift/Snowflake/Azure SQL DW, MapReduce
- Production experience in Machine Learning, Data Warehousing, Building Data Pipelines, Microservices & Container Orchestration, CI/CD
- Experience with AWS & Azure platforms & ecosystem of big data tools
Databricks mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering & Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering & lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL & interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, & secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity & total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA & Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, & HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
- Apache, Apache Spark & Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.