At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Here at Lyft, Data is the only way we make decisions. It is the core of our business, helping us create an exceptional transportation experience for our customers & providing insights into the effectiveness of our product launch & features.
As a Data Engineer at Lyft, you will be a part of an early stage team that builds the data transport, collection, & storage, & exposes services that make data a first-class citizen at Lyft. We are looking for a Data Engineer that is passionate & motivated to make an impact in creating a robust & scalable data platform. In this role, you will have ownership of the companys core data pipeline that powers Lyfts top line metrics; You will also leverage data expertise to help evolve data models in various components of the data stack; You will be working on architecting, building, & launching highly scalable & reliable data pipelines to support Lyfts growing data processing & analytics needs. Your efforts will allow access to business & user behavior insights, leveraging huge amounts of Lyft data to fuel several teams such as Analytics, Data Science, Marketplace & many others.
- Owner of the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth at Lyft
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business & engineering needs
- Implement systems tracking data quality & consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- SQL & MapReduce job tuning to improve data processing performance
- Extensive experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase, Parquet)
- Proficient in at least one of the SQL languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle)
- Good understanding of SQL Engine & able to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Strong skills in scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, UC4)
- Comfortable working directly with data analytics to bridge business requirements with data engineering
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.