Peloton is seeking a Senior Build Engineer to help build & maintain the internal services that our teams use to publish software.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will be responsible for establishing & maintaining the CI/CD automation infrastructure to support Pelotons Software Engineering team. You will have the opportunity to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development, configuration management of the source code, deployment & production sustaining activities & develop & extend tooling around Pelotons build & automation services.
- Own the security & availability of core services like Jenkins, Artifactory & Chef
- Automate & improve workflows
- Build & improve tooling around automation & CI/CD
- Develop tools in order to help us build & ship products & services quickly
- Mentor & train engineers on building deployment pipelines
- Own, extend & maintain the AWS based infrastructure hosting the CI/CD tools & ensure we have scalable, global infrastructure to support our product & development team needs
- Extend the build system for new application initiatives when needed
- Ensure the infrastructure is secure, recoverable (disaster, data) & maintained (security patches, tool upgrades, etc.) & highly automated
- Hands on experiencing deploying & managing Jenkins, & a good understanding of the jenkins eco-system, exposure to Github Actions & other Build & CI tools a strong plus
- Experience managing Artifactory or other artifact repositories
- Strong knowledge of Git & Github repository management
- Experience with any object oriented programming language like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Experience with at least one configuration management system (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform), with a preference for our internal tools (Chef & Terraform)
- Ability to provide leadership in a team environment to meet goals & deadlines
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc) a plus - however we welcome those with a diverse background & experience
- Exposure to Gradle, Maven, & the Java ecosystem a plus but not required
- Experience working with kubernetes & related tools such as Argo is a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visitwww.onepeloton.com/careersto learn more about joining our team.