Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition team is looking to hire aSenior Software Architect. Our goal is to bring car shoppers to CarGurus as efficiently as possible. We're central to CarGurus' growth strategy, both in the US & abroad. This is a high impact role with exceptional visibility within the company.
Were looking for self-motivated Engineers who are passionate about creating software that is used by millions. Our team solves a variety of unique challenges, from designing complex data structures & algorithms to machine learning & mining big-data. We deploy code daily & use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software & analytics to consumers & dealers around the world.
One of our core beliefs is that useful data will lead to the best outcomes. We make decisions based on our data & insights. Each engineer manages their own products & projects. The autonomy in engineering is something we are very proud of & work hard to maintain. There will be great projects that can be both challenging & long term.
What Youll Do:
- Utilize CarGurus data to grow the visitor base & improve advertising performance.
- Expand our reach by integrating with new traffic acquisition channels.
- Build robust pipelines that ingest & aggregate large volumes of data in real time.
- Design & implement algorithms for efficiently serving ads to CarGurus shoppers.
- Build tools for designing & managing CarGurus creative assets & campaigns.
- Develop systems to analyze traffic acquisition performance at all levels of granularity.
- Create tests & infrastructure to support continuous delivery of everything you build.
- Work with data scientists to improve the effectiveness of our ad spend.
- Implement a testing framework for rapid iteration of A/B tests.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of programming experience.
- A strong analytical or mathematical background, leveraged in previous roles.
- Experienced with multiple datastores (SQL, Elasticsearch, NoSQL, etc).
- Experienced in building real-time data pipelines
- Committed to developing well-tested code.
- Data-driven mindset
- Familiar with Java or similar object-oriented language.
- Experience with AWS (Elasticache, Autoscaling, DynamoDB, etc.) preferred
- Previous experience in high-frequency / low-latency verticals is a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.