As an Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the executive team at 1stDibs executives & their teams. This will include a balance of managing schedules, making travel arrangements, screening correspondence, etc. -- in addition to higher-order work like handling highly sensitive information with diplomacy; representing the company at events as the trouble-shooter; & taking on special projects.
You will be in a highly visible position across the 1stDibs organization, & likely to interact with our employee base, our sellers, our customers, the media, & members of the Board & executive team.
What youll do
- Flawlessly manage executives calendars & travel to maintain consistency & continuity to create seamless day to day work environment; proactively plan ahead, provide reminders, & work blocks so that time can be managed efficiently & realistically
- Proactively manage calendars for the executives, ranging from large, internal cross-functional meetings to external events with key members of the design community.
- Arrange meetings, calls, events, & travel. Set & test everything out in advance to ensure a seamless experience.
- Facilitate the executives internal & external communications
- Perform admin tasks such as completing expense forms, proofreading, prepping meeting materials, contracts, & vendor relationships,etc
- Maintain an intuitive online filing system that enables quick information retrieval.
- Accurately represent the executives point of view when discussing matters with internal employees.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism & confidentiality when handling sensitive corporate or personnel matters.
- Collaborate with their teams & fellow execs to make sure everyone is on the same page, & working towards the same goal(s). Share cross functional, relevant team information, surface company happenings, priorities, action points, upcoming events, feedback
- Manage internal & external relationships. Represent the company with poise & professionalism when interacting with internal/external audiences.
- Be the point-person during internal & external company events, handling ad hoc issues as they arise.
- Exercise business judgement & discretion in all contexts with all audiences. Be confidential, trustworthy, reliable, & confident & use discretion & best judgement to prioritize the needs of each team
- Handle special projects & responsibilities, as needed, like taking notes during meetings, or covering other executives desks
What youll bring
- 1-3 years of administrative experience, managing competing priorities
- Proven ability to stay on top of multiple, perpetually-evolving projects with keen detail orientation, & never miss a deadline
- A track record of success in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment
- A proactive approach: youre always ahead of the problem, & have a penchant for following up
- Executive-level written & verbal communication skills; youre poised when interfacing with execs/Board of Directors
- Advanced MS Office (particularly Excel & Powerpoint) & G Suite (Sheets & Slides) skills
- Interest in the luxury consumer, the design industry, the arts and/or e-commerce a plus!
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.