Away is looking for an experienced Graphic Designer to own branded packaging from top to bottom. This role will lead the branding redesign of all current packing, with a thoughtful, systematic approach that can then be applied to future product expansionthe end result being a cohesive & elevated unboxing experience. You will be responsible for collaborating on the conception, development, design, & execution of all packaging & work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to ensure were achieving the best-possible outcome with consideration to various areas of the business.
This role will report directly to our Brand Design Director & be based out of our headquarters in SoHo, NYC.
What youll do:
- Evolve, own, & iterate on an elevated, cohesive design system that ensures brand consistency across all packaging touchpoints, from printed to collateral to interior details to outer shippers
- Optimize & streamline the packaging process with mindfulness to scalability & ease of ongoing improvementsalways keeping in mind the customer experience
- Collaborate closely with the Packaging Development & Product Design teams in advancing the material & construction of boxes, dust bags, & other material needs to create a holistic packaging ecosystem
- Work closely with Project Management to facilitate approvals process with all key stakeholders including Brand, Product Design, Product Development, Operations, & Merchandising to ensure packaging meets all standards & needs
- Create original concepts with a fresh visual approach to design & materials while meeting business objectives & advancing Aways brand strategy & vision
- Review all samples of packaging development & keep an organized library
- Be responsible for staying up-to-date on the latest industry trends while continuing to lead the way with innovative packaging, materials, & design techniques
- Maintain standards & help evolve packaging brand guidelines as we continue to grow into new markets, execute new products & partnerships, work to meet all legal requirements, & more
Who you are:
- 4-6 years experience in branding & graphic design, with at least 3 years in packaging design
- A strong, dynamic portfolio of projects that have elevated a brands packaging experiencedemonstrating exceptional knowledge of packaging design, typography, branding, & print design with the customer in-mind
- Youre a detail-oriented, systematic thinker who strategically designs toward a larger brand narrative while also considering the minute, thoughtful details that will delight our customers
- You ideate & work best in a variety of materials, dimensions, & forms & are passionate about the latest trends in packaging, material design, & technology
- You are knowledgeable & proficient in packaging production & material processes
- A self-starter who is comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively, with competing priorities
- Able to to tackle complex projects under tight timelineswhile maintaining a positive attitude
- Youre an expert in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign. Experience with 2D / 3D software is a plus
- You have an understanding of Aways brand, aesthetic, voice, & mission
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.