Okta is looking for a strong Federal Marketing Manager to strategically execute & manage field programs & campaigns specifically targeting Federal Government & Dept. of Defense. In partnership with the Public Sector Marketing leader, sales, alliances & the cross functional marketing team, this person will be responsible for quarterbacking & executing strategies to meet/exceed quarterly & annual pipeline goals.
The Federal Marketing Manager role is an opportunity to make a key contribution, working across business units to develop unique customer & prospect experiences that drive business impact. The ideal candidate must be a results-oriented marketer that gets things done- a roll up your sleeves type of person. The role will require proven ability to effectively work & collaborate with cross-functional internal teams, including sales, marketing & operations, as well as external partners & vendors. Its critical this person understands the federal landscape.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build strategic marketing plans that incorporate various field / regional events, programs & campaigns designed to contribute to annual pipeline goals & support sales achievement of revenue objectives.
- Execute on marketing strategy- define, project manage & execute to event program goals, messaging, tactics, audience generation/email campaigns, speaker plan, collateral, on-site execution, post-show leads processing & follow-up, & other logistics.
- Monitor & facilitate lead funnel management across all activities, & report program results to all stakeholders.
- Oversee inventory, maintenance & distribution of regional event properties, promotional items & collateral for sales & field events.
- Work closely with strategic field alliance & technology partners to execute joint marketing programs & co-branded tactics that support public sector strategy & annual revenue goals.
- Effectively work cross-functionally with teams across Okta to include field & inside sales, marketing, operations, alliances, PR, legal, & procurement to efficiently & effectively execute plans & achieve goals.
- Clearly communicate public sector marketing strategy, activities, goals & outcomes to all stakeholders, as well as other internal cross-functional teams.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in program, event creation & campaign management to include measuring & reporting of success metrics/business impact.
- Ability to plan strategically while also executing tactically
- 4-6 years of experience marketing to Federal Government IT audience.
- Experience planning & co-marketing with strategic reseller, distribution & or technology partners.
- Budget Management to include all aspects of pre-event procurement & post-event reconciliation.
- A proven track record of complex event programs with varied stakeholders, multiple product lines, & representing various cross teams within the organization.
- Project management including budgets, venue selection, vendor sourcing & management, project plan, event show flow, promotion & registration, content development, on-site management.
- Master of multi-tasking, prioritization, & timelines
- Experience with sales & marketing automation systems Salesforce & Marketo, preferred Clari, Demandbase, a bonus
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Thrives in rapid growth, fast paced environment & adapts well to change
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Team player with a positive attitude.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.