The role is responsible for the management of the Loss Prevention & Transaction Monitoring teams, Fraud prevention, Chargeback management, Fraud training, providing oversight reports to the Loss Prevention Committee & ensuring effective Fraud reporting & controls. This is a hands-on role that will have a significant impact our business & customers
- You'll be responsible for global fraud prevention at WorldRemit
- Youll determine strategic working objectives, identify gaps, evaluate, recommend & execute to achieve strategic priorities.
- You'll train & lead a group of dedicated transaction monitoring specialists who have a high level of accuracy: knowing what questions to ask & when to ask them, always balancing fraud prevention with customer experience.
- Through building up this team of analysts & specialists, you'll be able to focus on oversight of their performance & long-term strategy on how to deal with suspected fraudsters.
- Youll strategise & deliver overhauling the transaction reviews to give legitimate customers a better experience & make more confident cancellation decisions.
- You'll work closely with our Fraud product manager to develop our fraud prevention models through a tight feedback loop.
- Youll more sophisticated controls & develop workflows for how to better handle suspected fraudulent cases.
- You'll be responsible for ensuring your team respond to chargebacks in a timely fashion.
- You'll cultivate a data-led approach to fraud prevention, creating transparent reporting of fraud activity to key stakeholders across the business
- Youll chair the Loss Prevention Committee & ensure good governance, control & transparency of our Fraud Prevention activities
Required Skills & Experience:
- Graduate degree or compensating experience in fraud prevention management role.
- Highly analytical & experienced people manager
- Experience in card fraud strategy management, fraud data analytics and/or fraud operations.
- Experience with marketplaces, money transmission services or other relevant area.
- Excellent understanding of credit / debit card processing in an e-commerce environment.
- Excellent understanding of bank transfer processing in an e-commerce environment.
- Thorough understanding of fraud, identity theft, protecting vulnerable customers
- Team player adaptable to fast-paced & changing environment.
- Ability to manage tight processes with accuracy & attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency necessary to ensure customer transactions are reviewed promptly.
- Ability to dive into the details & develop greater understanding of how customer electronic footprint is used in the transaction monitoring & decision matrices.
- Highly disciplined person, self-motivated, & delivery focused.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written.
- Excellent time management skills to balance out prioritizing high risk situations without significantly damaging business as usual tasks that are time sensitive.
- Proficient in MS Office & Data Analysis Tools
- Ability to travel internationally to support the business.
- Previous experience with North American or World Visa & Master Card programs, ACH, POLI, or Sofort.