Senior Editor, XXL
XXL, Townsquare Medias hip-hop site, is looking for a new Deputy Editor for both the website & the magazine. In this role, the Deputy Editor will be writing & editing content, while utilizing their strong relationships in the music industry. This role is based out of our NYC office. If you meet the requirements outlined below, please submit your resume, writing samples & a cover letter letting us know why you should be XXLs newest edition to the team.
- Overseeing a team of writers & junior staff
- Coming up with stories & ideas
- Overseeing release of new music & new artists
- Using contacts & relationships to get interviews
- Assigning out & editing stories
- Attending events & concerts
- Writing stories & doing interviews
- 3-4 years of experience writing & editing for established music sites & publications MANDATORY
- Experience assigning stories to writers
- Strong writing, re-writing & editing skills
- Heavy experience covering hip-hop music
- Extensive hip-hop knowledge
- Ability to multi-task & have effective communication skills
- Must be creative & able to come up with story ideas
- Strong organization skills, time management & a team player
- Good research skills & a good ear for new talent
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment & digital marketing services company that owns & operates radio, digital & live event properties. The Company specializes in creating & distributing original entertainment, music & lifestyle content. Its assets include 318 radio stations & over 325 local companion websites in65+ small to mid-sized markets, a national portfolio of music & entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, includingTaste of Country,XXL Mag,Diffuser.fm,Ultimate Classic Rock,Loudwire,TheFW, GuySpeed,ScreenCrushandPopCrush, approximately 550 live music & non-music events annually, andSeize the Deal, an E-commerce business.Additionally, Townsquare also operatesTownsquare Cares, a non-profit organization that seeks to better the lives of troops & their families.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.