By 2020, not only will Oscar offer commercial products beyond our nine current states, but we will also begin to offer Medicare Advantage (MA) products. As we expand into new geographies & lines of business, Oscar will be increasing the number & breadth of our relationships with the entities to which we have delegated certain business functions. By extension, the supervision that we must exercise over these delegated operations becomes more complex & we have to build a team to support this work.
To that end, Oscar has begun to build a Delegation Oversight team within our Compliance Department. Having just hired our first Associate Director of Delegation Oversight, we are now seeking an Associate to support this role in systematizing the identification of delegates subject to oversight; in coordinating & drafting the reports of pre- & post-delegation audits; in convening the Delegation Oversight Subcommittee of the Corporate Compliance Committee; & in ensuring that Oscar can prove to our regulators that our oversight processes are robust & responsive.
The Delegation Oversight Associate will be based in New York or Tempe, & will report to the New York-based Associate Director for Delegation Oversight. The position is open to those with limited Compliance experience but who nonetheless are highly organized & motivated, with a keen interest in healthcare & and eye for detail.
In your first six weeks, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with Oscars methods for identifying & auditing delegated entities
- Identify & develop a working relationship with the Oscar account manager assigned to each delegate, & with each delegates liaison to Oscar
- Understand how Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) apply to delegates, & work with the Corporate Compliance team to move delegate CAPs toward closure
- Attend your first Delegation Oversight Subcommittee meeting
By the end of month 3, you will:
- Be comfortable coordinating all Oscar stakeholders & subject-matter experts to conduct a pre- or post-delegation audit
- Draft your first delegation audit report
- Collaborate with Oscars Network team, which previously held responsibility for delegation oversight, & with the Associate Director, Delegation Oversight, to transition all applicable responsibilities to the Compliance function
- Map out all activities through end of year required to meet Oscars delegate audit plan
- Minute & report out on the activities of the Delegation Oversight Subcommittee, including progress in closing delegate CAPs
Afterwards & on an ongoing basis, you will:
- Coordinate all pre- & post-delegation audits, keeping several moving toward closure at a given moment
- Serve as a company-wide resource regarding the status of delegate oversight activities, including CAPs
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts to improve Oscars delegate audit tools, processes, & methodology
- Work with subject-matter experts to prepare for audits of Oscars delegated functions by our state & federal regulators
- Propose improvements to the coordination & documentation of Delegation Oversight Subcommittee activities
Winning factors: What leads to success
We are looking for someone with a passion for compliance who will promote a culture of compliance & ethics across all of Oscars operations.
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- College degree
- 3+ years experience in a project management, consultancy, or healthcare (or other regulated industry) work environment
- Thorough knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
- Highly organized & detail-oriented
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in healthcare compliance
- Experience with Medicare Advantage compliance
- Experience developing audit tools & conducting audits
- Familiarity with project management
We think you will be successful if
- You are persistent & are not easily discouraged
- You are interested in presenting information to a variety of audiences
- You enjoy writing, teaching, & generally communicating with others to solve problems
- You are comfortable speaking in front of groups
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment & working cross-functionally with all business areas within the organization
- You are personable, self-starting, & organized
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.