Company Description|Job Description
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, & financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy & business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Apps Team
There's no single answer for a company aiming to consolidate & digitize their supply chain. With Tradeshift, individual pluggable applications work together to cover the different aspects of a business such as procurement, supplier risk, sustainability, finance, etc. These widely varied apps support different business needs & build on a strong integrated core that enables supplier connectivity & collaboration between & inside of companies, all in real time. Apps can also provide external connectivity & integration with a company's existing systems & programs which greatly accelerates solution deployment. Best of all, the platform can leverage what is unique about a business to provide a significant & sustainable competitive advantage. We believe that for something as critical as a company's supply chain, industry standard practices are just not good enough. Tradeshift's App Platform takes what is unique about a company's supply chain & turns it into a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Building & implementing new tools & automation to solve problems
- Identifying & removing performance bottlenecks throughout the platform
- Utilizing Terraform or other infrastructure as code
- Using Puppet or other configuration management tools
- Administration of relational & non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Riak, Cassandra) - including High Availability & Disaster Recovery plans
- Identifying & removing databases performance bottlenecks throughout the platform
- Improving platform security implementations
- Building & implementing improved monitoring dashboards
- Expanding our platform footprint while managing costs across AWS regions
- Building pipelines based in Jenkins or other CI system
- Work with Kubernetes clusters in AWS cloud
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a Linux based environment
- At least 2 years experience in using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Mandatory experience with NoSQL databases like ElasticSearch, Cassandra or Riak
- Very familiar with relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- At least 2 years working with cloud providers. AWS services including but not limited to: EC2, S3, Cloudfront, EBS, SQS are preferred
- Experience working with containerization solutions like Docker
- Familiar with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Familiar with Kubernetes deployment tools like Helm
- Experience in operation & automation of a CI/CD pipeline
- Communication skills especially with diverse groups of global team members including other software engineers, as well as managers & executives.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or Math, or equivalent work experience
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart & soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride & passion & embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.