The primary role of the Clinical Oncology Specialist (COS) is to educate & support community based physicians with the most current study findings (abstracts & publications) supporting the clinical value of Guardant Health's product(s).
As a COS, you will seek opportunities to engage with physicians to review real-world cases & provide feedback on interpretation of test report. You will seek opportunities to promote understanding & adoption of our novel diagnostic technologies. You identify opportunities for collaboration on relevant research projects & other projects of mutual interest.
In this role, you're also responsible for supporting Medical Affairs, Marketing & Managed Care; education & training of the sales team, & development of local/regional professional societies & health plan influencers to support test adoption. You may also evaluate & assist in draft/first author publications of case reviews with KOL co-authors within the community setting. Intrinsic motivation, curiosity, persistence & collaboration will be critical to thrive in this role. You are excited about accelerating the advancement of patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Identify, develop and/or maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with key community physicians, & KOLs to promote understanding & adoption of our novel diagnostic technologies.
· Be a resource for community physicians to evaluate & provide guidance on interpretation of real-world patient test reports.
· Present independently & support product adoption at community centers, with support from Sales & Marketing.
· Identify & position KOLs to present at scientific forums such as national & regional specialty society meetings, as well as Grand Rounds & other medical events.
· Support Managed Care Team in mobilizing physician & KOL calls & letters to payers/insurers in targeted campaigns.
· Synopsize & educate key staff regarding emerging abstracts & publications relevant to molecular testing.
· Facilitate opportunities for the Marketing & Medical Affairs teams to partner with KOLs for focus groups, PR events, working meetings & scientific forums.
· Support clinical requests for information related to institutional guidelines or pathways.
· Clinical expertise or related experience in Oncology is highly desirable.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
· Experience working with clinicians to build consensus around new products and/or services.
· Track record of independent presentation at major academic centers or within the community setting resulting in product adoption.
· Prior experience in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired.
Master's degree or clinical equivalent in a scientific field of study such as genetic counseling, nursing, pharmacy, medicine or related health sciences field.
· Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics & pharmaceuticalindustry.
· Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
· Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, & Word
· Ability to work independently & remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
· Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team & at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization.
· Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever-changing dynamic environment.
· Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills & personal initiative.
· Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
· Outstanding oral presentation skills.
· Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside & outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs & scientific publications.
· Ability to elicit & answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables & meetings.
· Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events & trade shows.
· Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, & formatting of documents.
Extensive travel required up to 3-4 days/overnights per week to meet with KOLs, attend physician education talks & conference, including specialty society scientific meetings (will require some weekend work). Travel is estimated to be approximately 50%.
Office may be home-based, & involves extensive use of computer & keyboard while in home office.