SquareFoot is building the commercial real estate company for the 21st century, bringing technology & transparency to an industry that's historically had neither. Weve already helped more than 1,000 clients find the right office space for their organizations & we are just getting started. If youre looking to make an impact on a multi trillion dollar industry - & do it in New York City, the largest commercial real estate market in the world - now is the time to get involved.
We are looking for a strategically focused hands-on Head of People Operations. You will join us at a particularly exciting time & have the opportunity to craft the talent & people operations strategy as well as play a meaningful role in shaping the companys culture. For the right person, this is an incredible opportunity to develop into a genuine people leader across talent, people, HR & company operations.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for defining & executing our people strategy. You will partner with the executive team to ensure that we are doing everything we can to attract, hire & retain the best talent across all of our teams & create a vibrant highly engaged culture.
What youll be doing:
- Define & execute company's people, culture, & operations strategy that aligns with the company's values, mission, & long-term strategic objectives.
- Lead the talent acquisition function to ensure we are identifying, hiring & retaining the best possible talent.
- Actively contribute to the organizational design & operational planning to continuously drive company-wide engagement & sustained organizational health.
- Implement the best methodologies, tools, systems, & processes required to run our people & talent functions while providing real-time transparent analytics & ensuring alignment to our objectives.
- Counsel & coach the executive leadership team on all people & culture matters to ensure we are thinking about our needs in an open-minded, inclusive way that will build a healthy & diverse organization.
- Actively emerge yourself in a tech-startup community to act as an ambassador for Squarefoot for us to attract the right talent.
Who you are:
- You are a skilled & passionate mid to senior level people operations leader with a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant start-up industry-specific experience in people operations, talent or a progressive HR role.
- You can demonstrate your ability to define & execute the companies talent, people, & cultural needs & have relevant experience across all of the core people functions - talent, HR operations, company operations & culture.
- You are determined to lead a diverse & inclusive approach to our hiring practices & operations.
- You have a curious interest in organizational design, operations, & progressive people strategies. You have the experience to implement effective tools, processes, & behaviors to build a unique human-centered & value-based experience for everyone.
- You have & can operate as a counselor, coach & strategic advisor on all people operations matters & their impact on the company's strategic & cultural objectives.
- You have worked in the New York tech startup community & have developed reputable relationships across the tech start-up ecosystem.
- You have a high-proficiency in all best-of-breed people & talent software platforms including applicant tracking systems (ideally Greenhouse) & HRIS systems like Namely, Bamboo HR or JustWorks.
What youll get:
- Challenging & empowering workplace environment
- The ability to work in a fast growing startup that can jumpstart your career development
- Excellent benefits that include competitive health care, 401k, & commuter benefits
- The opportunity to join an incredible office culture with Book Club, Happy Hours, Volunteering Opportunities, & more
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.