Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Security Engineer, Incident Response to join our Security team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Taking care of our members includes securing their data. The mission of the Security team is to protect the data our customers have entrusted to us, & make it possible for Oscar management to make informed, risk-calibrated decisions.
As a Senior Security Engineer, Incident Response, you will take the lead in responding to incidents at Oscar. You will work with other Security team members & partner cross-functionally with Engineering, IT, & SRE to ensure we have the data & tools needed to conduct successful incident responses.
You will report into the Director of Detection & Response.
- Lead the initiative to improve upon the Security Operations Center by identifying, installing, & configuring commercial & open source software to achieve visibility & identify threats across the Oscar landscape
- Configure & maintain the security stack (endpoint protection, log management tools, & other security technologies)
- Take immediate mitigation action when alerts are identified through the CSIR process
- Support the overall improvement of the security process & documentation
- Assess & prioritize Oscars security risks related to incident response.
- Have 8+ years of career experience related to information security & incident response.
- Knowledge of incident response in the context of cloud environments.
- Experience working in or with Security Operations Centers.
- In-depth technical understanding that enables you to assess security risks in a technology-heavy company.
- Can fluently communicate security risks to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Ability to build policies & standards that minimize Oscars security risks.
- Prior work experience in a technology-driven company.
- Prior work experience in or understanding of security challenges specific to the healthcare or health insurance industries.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.