ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The Brand Strategy team at theSkimm is a group of experienced, creative & resourceful hustlers who are relentless in their pursuit to grow the number of amazing brands & clients we partner with. Were seeking an enthusiastic Brand Strategist who is eager to contribute to our growing media business by working cross-functionally on pre-sale strategy & RFP response.
theSkimm is seeking a Brand Strategy Manager to join the Brand Strategy team. The team plays an integral role in the ideation & development of sponsored marketing programs across theSkimms product suite.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Drive the development, ideation & strategic thinking of best-in-class marketing solutions for theSkimms strategic advertising partners
- Own the strategic platform for marketing programs & partner with internal teams, including Marketing, Editorial, Insights, Product,
- Social & Video, to ensure recommendations are smart & cohesive
- Provide quick & thoughtful packaging of strategic recommendations into smart, concise marketing collateral & proposals
- Attend client & agency meetings to learn about new initiatives, brainstorm & present recommendations
- Identify new/proactive opportunities & positioning for brand partners/verticals leveraging proprietary data & research
- Assist in creation of ad hoc sales marketing materials that could include packages, product one-sheets, case studies & best practices
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 5-7 years building cross-platform digital marketing programs
- Strategic, creative thinker with a proven track record of turning ideas into holistic content programs
- Excellent writing, proofreading & verbal communication skills
- Design-minded with ability to create effective visual presentations; Proficiency in Keynote
- Ability to work well with different stakeholders across organization
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple deliverables with hard deadlines
- Highly motivated self-starter that is extremely detail oriented
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Passion for theSkimm brand & our products
- Keen understanding of the nuances of branded content & go to market positioning
- Experience managing RFP pipeline & working with Sales, Insights, Creative & Design team
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.