We build tools for 100+ brands & retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, & product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose & culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity & inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland, & we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance to join our growing Finance team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the core responsibilities of this role include supporting a wide range of financial planning & analysis (FP&A) projects, including development of the annual business plan, business performance analysis, forecasting, & a variety of ad-hoc financial analysis. Additionally, this individual will also support strategic initiatives & cross-functional projects through project management/execution & by providing the Finance perspective.
This individual is a self-starter who loves modeling, forecasting, operational excellence & thinking creatively within a fast-paced, high-growth business. This role has an outsized impact on the organization & requires a high degree of collaboration & partnership with internal & external groups to centralize all things finance. Emphasis on detail-orientation & a strong desire to be part of creating an efficient, accurate corporate finance practice. Seeking a critical thinker who gets energy from looking at a problem through several viewpoints to find creative solutions.
ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Forecasting & Budgeting: Support executives & key leadership by creating annual budgets, conducting monthly/quarterly forecasting, & variance tracking & reporting against planned objectives
- Reporting: Analyze revenue-pacing, financial metrics & monthly KPIs to understand emerging financial trends & promote understanding of business direction
- Financial Modeling: Support business strategy issues with internal/external customers; develop new, & improve existing, models used for forecasting & reporting
- Collaboration: Work with Sales, Partner Success, Marketing, Product, & Analytics to model revenue, review pricing structures, facilitate deal negotiations with vendors & partners, & perform other relevant financial/operational analysis
- Special Projects: Provide process & finance support for strategic initiatives, including partnerships, new business lines, ShopRunners ongoing integration into FedEx, & other corporate opportunities as they arise
ABOUT WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in corporate finance/FP&A, investment banking, VC/PE, or similar roles
- Bachelors degree in relevant area, i.e. Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other related discipline
- Extremely strong analytical (including building advanced spreadsheet models), problem-solving skills & business acumen, with the ability to distill ambiguous questions & complex analysis down to understandable stories
- Demonstrated soft skills must include: preference for fast-paced culture, a desire to dive in & develop logic out of what may start as ambiguous information; enjoy working with multiple sources of information & staying on top of all the details to see through the objectives of the project at hand
- Background working across multiple business functions & proactively identifying & solving problems
- Preferred industry background in E-Commerce or Retail