Were building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare systems most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctors orders requires more than just delivering pills, were managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, & anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicines true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. Weve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, weve raised $354 million in funding, & were on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Alto is seeking experienced Care Specialist with a Pharmacy Technician license to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to manage a variety of pharmacy operations tasks. The ideal candidate is passionate about changing the traditional pharmacy model for the better. You'll work with a group who is excited & dedicated to significantly improve the pharmacy patient experience & will have the opportunity to contribute well beyond the normal duties of a pharmacy technician.
Responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician Level II:
- Prepare & submit third-party insurance claims
- Troubleshoot prescription issues by calling insurance companies, doctors offices, & patients
- Work closely with doctors offices to manage refill requests, prior authorizations, & coverage determinations
- Provide prompt, courteous & knowledgeable customer service
- Troubleshoot complex cases with outpatients
- Respond to patient messages & incoming calls
- Handle escalated patient situations via phone, text, email, or chat
- Manage pharmacy inventory needs & restock orders
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A current pharmacy technician license
- PTCB preferred
- 2+ years experience working in a high volume pharmacy
- Exceptional knowledge of commercial & government insurance & how to troubleshoot claims
- Friendly disposition & outstanding customer service skills
- Ability & eagerness to learn & operate a new pharmacy management system & other relevant equipment
- Ability to interpret, transcribe & troubleshoot prescription information
- Ability to perform common math calculations
- High school diploma / GED
- A License free of any disciplinary actions
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with specialty claims adjudication
- Have experience submitting & managing Prior Authorizations & TAR's
- Work autonomously & have the capacity to work effectively in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Are reliable, adaptable & adjust to changes in process quickly
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.