SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
As a member of the Construction Projects Team, you will responsible for overseeing thecoordination & fieldexecution offacilitiesconstruction projects. You will work withDesign Engineers,Construction Project Managers,FacilitiesandMaintenancetechnicians, vendors & internal partners to support these goals. You will have the opportunity to drive positive change & own projects from start to finish, with the goal of making SpaceX projects into world-class facilities. This position is based in Austin, TX.
- Coordinate facilities projectstoensure vendors meet standards while delivering promised services, materials, & craftsmanship
- Plan & direct construction activitiesof internal resources as well as all involved subcontractors for each phase of construction andlead any coordination meetings between trades
- Work hand in-hand with Construction Projects Team to maintainaccurate records of daily logs, progress reports, financial reports related to the construction of facilities
- Enforce contract expectations from subcontractors & communication of any discrepancies
- Approves work being performed by subcontractors & handle any related issue
- Authorize payments of subcontractors upon thorough inspection of work
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits, observing OSHA requirements & anyapplicableagencies' regulations
- Verify all checklists are complete & inspections are scheduled & passed
- Monitor cleanliness & hold subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up
- Schedule & manage subcontractors to make designated warranty repairs
- Develop & maintain rapport with subcontractors,operators, & inspectors
- Coordinate inspections with local officials
- Review & manage project request tickets including creating work orders when neededand managing its completion
- Create purchase orders as necessary to support project timely executionincluding but not limitedto,rentals, material or subcontractor labor
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+years ofhands on/fieldexperienceintheconstructionindustry
- 2+ years of experience leading the coordination of multiple trades on site
- Experience working with electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration (HVAC/R), concrete, framing, & industrial gas trade
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of basic engineering & construction principles & methods
- Ability to conduct all business in a professional & ethical manner to serve customers
- Skilled in reading & interpreting engineering drawings, specifications & calculations; ability to mark up & highlight coordination items
- Demonstrated ability to independently & effectively manage projects in an extremely fast paced & changing environment
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite tools & PDF editor software such as Bluebeam or Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business needs
- Ability to provide 24x7 on-call support in emergency situations
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time & the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic direction
- Physical effort including standing, lifting & carrying moderately heavy materials or equipment (25 lbs.)
- Occasional travel may be required based on project tasks
- Willingness to work outdoors in an environment requiring exposure to extreme temperatures & elevations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.