Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. Our work on tech spans several areas: building innovative consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations & processes, & lots more. And we work alongside a talented set of technologists with Product, Engineering, & Design forming a tight, high-performing team.
Our design organization is a multidisciplinary team that examines the entire member journey & considers the design of systems to be as important as the artifacts we make. Our practice is human-centered, our work is rooted in empathy & research, & we lead by example & with our values.
As a Product Designer, you will help us explore, design, & shape the vision for the tools that enable Oscar to thoughtfully route members to care, helping to select providers & plan their upcoming visit costs. In your day-to-day, you will generate & explore ideas, design, test & ship high-quality features, partner with your peers to shape roadmaps & define goals for high-impact work, & challenge what healthcare looks like.
This role reports to a Group Product Design Manager.
- Define the experiences within the end-to-end journey of searching for care, from the moment a member signs up for Oscar, to their appointment with an Oscar provider
- Design experiences to help members understand potential costs that go into receiving care
- Become an expert on various care journey related personas, & champion the needs of the user to the larger org
- Own the design process & partner closely with cross-functional peers like product managers, tech leads, engineers, data scientists & business stakeholders to drive clarity around strategy & alignment on solutions
- Collaborate with other product designers across the organization with feedback during critiques & thoughtful contributions to the design team at large
- Structure & conduct outcomes-driven user research & usability testing
- Design visually compelling experiences for all members & contribute to the Oscar design language system (Anatomy)
- 3+ years of experience
- Concrete examples of designing & shipping web & mobile interfaces
- Experience with user research & prototyping
- Ability to think through complex systems
- Passion for fixing healthcare
- Ability to translate requirements, goals, & research into simple & useful UI
- Genuine & inquisitive, humble yet determined. Were a team thats excited to learn from each other & about ourselves, whether thats through wild ideas or constructive criticism. We work hard to nurture a creative environment where we can take risks, grow, & do better work.
- Experience with the healthcare space
- Illustration, animation or other forms of storytelling
- Interest in design ethics, accessibility, & other topics relevant to the healthcare space
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.