At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible & efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As an extension of the primary care physicians (PCP) care team, RN Care Managers are responsible for providing a variety of Care Management services within a PCP practice(s) targeting patients identified as high risk and/or those who are experiencing barriers to meeting their healthcare goals. Principle Care Management services include, but are not limited to, performing comprehensive assessments, developing patient-centered care pans, providing episodic & longitudinal care planning. RN Care managers also monitor acute facility stays & discharges, provide disease education & empower patients ability to develop self-management skills.
Integral to our Care Management team, the RN Care Manager will be accountable for supporting & improving the organizations ongoing refinement of care management processes. As a new member of our team, youll work closely with our comprehensive care team to connect the dots of collaborative patient care while incorporating patients personal health & lifestyle goals.
What are some unique responsibilities that youll have at VillageMD?
- Actively engage & collaborate with PCPs & office staff in identifying high-risk patients
- Employ motivational interviewing skills to elicit optimal member engagement/outcome
- Perform comprehensive assessments for both physical & psychosocial risk factors that support individual patient needs while identifying & addressing barriers
- Communicate assessment findings, care plan goals, interventions & outcomes to PCP, patients & caregivers in a timely manner
- Monitor patients acute stays, perform post-discharge follow up calls & continuously assess risk of readmissions post-discharge
- Identify & support practice needs for structured on-site Care Coordination presence in alignment with program model
- Maintain a core understanding of population management as it specifically relates to high risk patients
What will make you successful here?
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous & dynamic environment
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing demands in the healthcare industry
- A service orientation & a can do attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own & take initiative
- Displays Strength-Based Approach to collaborative problem solving
- The ability to receive feedback & apply it to work performance
- Demonstrates consistently, strong ethics & sound judgement
- Effectively engages diverse populations (age, ethnic groups, socio-economic levels, etc.) & provide culturally sensitive coaching, education & assistance to members & their families
- Experience in conflict management & problem resolution
- A low ego & humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication & doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Provide chronic disease education & symptom management teaching to patients & caregivers
- Assess medication adherence & perform comprehensive medication reconciliation
- Address Gaps in Care for High Risk patients engaged in Care Management services
- Document clinical interventions in applicable care management software systems
- Develop & maintain effective professional working relationships with assigned PCP practice(s)
- Engage patients in a variety of settings, determined by program models & initiative
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3+ years of direct, clinical nursing experience
- Registered Nurse with licensure in the state of practice
- Care management experience in a setting that requires assessment, critical thinking & application
- Comfort with technology including Microsoft suite of products
- Utilizing a variety of electronic health records including data capture, data mining & reporting
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.