As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The candidate will be responsible for the oversight of the Accounts Payable (AP) & Travel & Expense (TE) functions in the Dubai Hub Shared Service Center including analysis of AP-Hub transactions, with secondary requirement of processing invoices & payments within defined time periods & in accordance with company policies. The principal focus of this position is to guide the payment processing & the card program for entities across CEMEA - Central Europe, Middle East, & Africa. An essential requirement for this individual is on analysis (both quantitative & qualitative) & the ability to bring the full AP Hub picture together for the Senior finance & business leaders. This role will have high visibility in the regional hub & beyond.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Perform the CEMEA region TE & AP transaction analysis with a keen focus on supporting the controllership function & the business while considering the relevant CEMEA individual country business environment
2. Own the global corporate & purchasing card program for the CEMEA employees including: issuance, renewal, modification, cancellation, records retention, Oracle linkage, distribution lists, & customer service (credit limit increases, policy interpretation, exception transaction processing, etc.) while maintaining audit controls
3. Ensure processing/payment of invoices are in compliance with established key controls
4. Coordinate with global treasury team to arrange weekly funding requests to cover CEMEA region supplier payments
5. Prepare & review the weekly payment batches to ensure all invoices are approve for payment in compliance with established key controls
6. Liaise with cash management team & review the bank reconciliations for CEMEA region bank accounts
7. Coordinate with all CEMEA region local banks to discuss queries in payments & resolve them on timely manner
8. Review the local bank requirements to make sure all payments are initiated as per the local bank laws
9. Ensure TE & AP transactions are captured, recorded, summarized & reported in compliance with policies & procedures, US GAAPs, IFRS, as well as statutory, corporate & tax requirements (as applicable)
10. Provide qualitative & quantitative analysis to the CEMEA AP Director as well as to other Finance & Business team members to assess requirements for change in processes, procedures & workflows. Initiate & propose procedural changes to enhance data quality & process flows
11. Review & assess the impact of actual or planned changes to accounting policies, processes & other parameters
12. Analyze executed business transactions to detect anomalies & non-compliance. Work with other supporting functions to investigate report & assist the business units to remediate the issues & implement effective AP controls to avoid re-occurrence
13. Liaise with business owners & the Tax department on treatment of withholding taxes
14. Interact with cardholders & other finance groups, including Controllership, Global Sourcing, Accounts Payable, Data Maintenance, IT, HR, & Products & global card administrators, to support questions related to corporate & purchasing card transactions
15. Participate in global card program & system rollouts including user testing, communications & training
16. Confirm that central travel account statements in the iExpense application are reconciled effectively
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Ensure meeting accounting deadlines for monthly, quarterly & annual financial close. Quality of accounting records - compliant with corporate policies, GAAP, FCPA, SEC & SOX. Accurate accounting of AP transactions - leading to minimum accounting adjustments/errors.
2. Effectively participate in the payables team & TE with an environment focused on controls, ensuring compliance with key operating controls & proper segregation of duties, while meeting stated service levels
3. Quality of supervision/advice given & effectiveness of the team in jointly producing the desired output. Be a role model to demonstrate efficient execution, constant enhancement, ownership of core values
4. Focus on providing perceptive analysis with a specific effort on seeing the big picture while not losing sight of the critical details
5. Lead & operate with minimal supervision & make decisions based on acquired skills & knowledge. Propose & design analytical tools which will allow for an effective management of processes, workflows, teams, etc within the AP&TE function & beyond
6. Effective communication with stakeholders to ensure consistent application of key accounting treatments
7. Excellent project management skills to drive various projects to completion with minimal supervision
8. Non-recurrence of audit issues
9. Timely & effective implementation of assigned projects/duties
10. Adhere to personal & team targets in invoices & amounts processed during the established timespan.
11. Promptly monitor & respond to queries sent to the Accounts Payable general mailbox.
12. Implement analytical triggers to ensure withholding Tax & GST/VAT are properly accounted for & coded correctly
13. Develop & maintain key operating metrics to determine backlogs or processing gaps to properly allocate activity focus
14. Take measures to prevent shortages, unlawful expenditures of money & inventory holdings, violation of financial & tax legislation
15. Instruct employees on company policies & procedures, while guiding the CEMEA card program & overseeing the general employee T&E related items & Purchasing Card topics
Make decisions on the analytical framework design to allow for the success of the CEMEA Hub AP & TE functions while considering compliance with published policies & guidelines.
Prioritize tasks within job function balancing the need to meet tight deadlines, stated service level agreements, & other corporate demands
Initiate & implement process changes within assigned function to improve controls, productivity or quality of work output
Exercise good judgment to escalate issues to AP Director & other key stakeholders along with recommended solution to resolve
Assist with internal audit, walk-through, & SOX documentation with ability to provide appropriate recommendation
Provide analysis for the Accounts Payable & TE roles for CEMEA entities
Collection, review, summarization, analysis & reporting of financial & non-financial information for area of responsibility
Provide evidence of adherence to stated SOX controls
Assist management with ad hoc projects as necessary, including enhancement of Finance systems & rollout of new corporate card to new entities