Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies & passions. Reddit users submit, vote & comment on content, stories & discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, theres a community for everybody on Reddit & with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open & authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As a Brand Safety Lead, you will be the cross-functional leader for platform & brand safety for our go-to-market teams. You will handle sensitive & complex safety issues in partnership with our global sales team. You will shape Reddits Brand Safety strategy & use cross-functional collaboration & data-driven decision making to ensure we connect all relevant stakeholders to deliver a safe environment for brands. This role will partner closely with Product, Policy, Communications & PR, Sales & Legal to ensure that Reddit is consistently expanding & effectively communicating our Safety practices for both users & advertisers.
You will be constantly monitoring Reddits Brand Safety standing & our roadmap to improve policies & products that impact brand safety. You will serve as the go-to resource for our go-to-market teams to ensure they are communicating the safety of our platform clearly & effectively.
This role requires strategy building, large cross-functional coordination, & a deep understanding of current & forward-looking brand safety best practices.
- Continuously monitoring, evaluate, & communicate Reddits brand safety practices including key areas for improvement & actionable plans to work across xfn partners to execute
- Provide comprehensive & ongoing training designed to inform go-to-market & cross-functional partners about policy changes, recent trends & the safety point of view on new product launches
- Gather & evaluate industry needs to inform & influence the safety roadmap
- Bring feedback from external partners to internal safety teams to ensure input is received & prioritized appropriately
- Act as a global representative of Reddits brand safety policies, procedures & product features within partner meetings as needed
What Were Looking For:
- 8+ years of experience within partnerships, advocacy, business development, policy development or operations management, PR/marketing, and/or policy communications
- Deep understanding of online safety, industry trends & technical knowledge to support these efforts
- Understanding of major social issues & their role within social media
- Experience with online advertising industry and/or small & medium businesses
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams such as policy, legal, operations, global business & product
- Strong communication with both technical & non-technical audiences
- Project management experience a plus