Oscar is looking for a hands-on Creative Director to join our growing Brand Experience team.
About the Role
The ideal candidate is equal parts practicing writer & nurturing people manager. You are known for your work on evocative campaigns & by the impression you leave on your team. You are excited by complex human problems & the potential to serve a diverse, national audience. You make decisions rooted in insights & leads with strategic rigor. A graceful cross-functional collaborator.
In this role, youll report directly to our VP, Design & lead brand storytelling + content development. On a typical day, youll oversee multiple projects throughout their full lifecycle & directly manage a small team of full-time & freelance writers to execute on a range of content across channels.
Creative @ Oscar
You will be joining our Brand Experience team, committed to reimagining the role of our brand & its influence on healing the broken health care system. We examine the entire customer experience & consider the design of systems to be as important as the campaigns we make & the stories we tell. Our work is rooted in research, our practice is human-centered, & our vision is set on seeing Oscar care in original ways.
- Develop high-visibility marketing campaigns + digital content that reach our intended audience & drive measurable business impact.
- Partner deeply with the Marcomms & Design to craft creative briefs that unpack complex requirements & make room for questions, creativity.
- Closely integrate with the Marcomms & Product teams to ensure the spirit & vision of Oscar are accurately captured across all communication channels.
- Manage the creative strategy & direction of multiple projects & campaigns.
- Actively listen to & support your team as they tackle complex problems.
- Provide constructive feedback & direction to external partners (agencies, studios, vendors), ensuring both marketing & design best practices are upheld.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant & emerging mediums + strategies & the opportunities they may bring to Oscar.
- Deepen cross functional teams knowledge of brand & creative strategy.
- 7+ years design experience in a direct-to-consumer brand or agency role
- Created multi-million dollar marketing campaigns for high-impact brands
- Disciplined & intuitive ability to direct creative work in a dynamic environment
- Solid storytelling foundation, combined with conceptual campaign experience
- Exceptional communication skills among diverse teams & functions
- An online portfolio with strong storytelling & creative campaign projects
- Deep working knowledge of brand & content strategy
- Experience directing short form content
Life at Oscar
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.